Guest Danny Rice

FLAi Questions, Concerns, Suggestions...

One thought that comes to mind is how should we prepare our simulator setups for this installation when it does get released. For example, I know mine is full of old WOAI Files, BVARTCC Model Matching Files, etc. I would like to make sure this new release you’ve worked so hard on, is the only model matching program vPilot is using. Plus, I don’t need the old model matching folders taking up space on my hard drive. What should we look for and how should we uninstall/delete unwanted files?

Lantz

Lantz, if you’re like me all of your WOAI models were listed at the bottom of the simobjects folder. Remove those and start vPilot and it will update. I then installed BVAi and vPilot updated again on the install.

Thanks Sean.

Lantz

"To be successful, believe in yourself you must"

I fly on vatsim for a long time and since im dutch most of the flights are out of the Netherlands. There are two airlines which are in none of the current model matching packages, so I was wondering if you included them and if not if you could include them because they are flown by a lot of people flying in and out to Schiphol.

These are the airlines:

Corendon Dutch airlines (Callsign CND) fleet = 737-800

TUI Netherlands (Callsign TFL) Fleet = 737-800 scimitars and 787-800

greetings,

Youp Oosterwegel

Great question Youp. I'll split your question into two parts. Don't mind the picture quality. The airplanes look a lot better in sim:

First, Corendon is definitely in there. That was one of the first liveries to be added to the 737-800 AI. You might know more than me, but I have Corendon under the callsign "CAI". Is there a difference between CAI and CND? If so, I'll definitely add the necessary model matching rules.

AFyEvX2.png

TUI is also in the package, but I have this under the "TUI" callsign. I believe this is TUI Deutschland. I would definitely like to make sure I have all callsigns for TUI within the model matching. TUI and all of its divisions has been a challenge for me, but if I can make it correct before the open beta is released then I will. I've seen Arkefly, TUIFly, TUIFly Nordic, TUIFly Netherlands, TUIFly Deutschland, and Thomson. Correct me if I'm wrong but I've found the following:

TUI Fly Belgium - JAF (737-700, 737-800, 737 MAX, 767-300, 787-800, and E190)

TUI Fly Deutschland - TUI (737-700, 737-800, 737 MAX)

TUI Fly Netherlands - TFL (737-800, 767-300, 787-800)

TUI Airways or Tomson - TOM (737-800, 737 Max, 757-200, 767-300, 787-800, 787-900)

TUI Fly Nordic - BLX (737-800, 737 Max)

I will add a separate section within the model matching for all the possible TUI callsigns as there is a lot. This will include not just the 737's but also the 787's and 767's. We did something similar with Norwegian and it's IBK, NAX, and NLH callsigns, and the regional model matching and that's working like a charm. It does require some common sense for the pilot to file the right callsign, but it is expected most pilots will not spell out "TUIFLY" when they sign onto the network.

AVPTwgV.jpg

As for the rest of the major airlines out of Schipol, we have also included all of KLM (Even KLC), Transavia, Vueling, and Martinair. Smaller ones such as Aegean, Air Malta, Air Mauritius, Air Baltic, AtlasGlobal, Flybe, Jet Airways, LOT, Skywork, Pegasus, TAP, TAROM, SunExpress Deutschland... etc are all there. Taking a quick peek at EHAM on Wikipedia, all of the airlines listed are in the package. Feel free to ask more. It helps me look through and see if we've not only made mistakes but also if there's something you guys really want to see.

Matthew Miller

C1 Controller

Retired DATM and EC

yea_zpsi7yrafis.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply Matthew. There is a difference between CAI and CND, CND is the dutch variant of corendon. The only difference between the two is that CND operates with airplanes with a dutch registration(PH-...) and CAI operates with TC-... registrations. Their callsigns are different to so is CND=Dutch Corendon and CAI=corendon. As I saw in your picture was that you guys still use the old livery instead of the new ones. These are the new ones in case you guys are willing to re-do it:

CND new livery: https://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/784345/ph-cdh-corendon-dutch-airlines-boeing-737-800/

CAI new livery: https://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/923149/tc-tjt-corendon-airlines-boeing-737-800/

They are basically the same just a different registration. CAI also has a few 737-800 scimitars:

https://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/745923/tc-tjs-corendon-airlines-boeing-737-800/

About TUI, arkefly has changed into TUI Netherlands and now have TUI in big letters on their planes instead of arkefly: https://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/1003289/ph-tfd-tuifly-boeing-737-800/

The last thing I wanted to ask if you guys have added the klm 737-900 in the sky team livery and if not I you guys are planning to do so? This is the one im talking about: https://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/984643/ph-bxo-klm-boeing-737-900/

If you guys need to know anything about European airlines I am willing to help you guys as much as possible and I just wanted to apologize if my English isn't perfect and if I asked to much. Thank you guys for this project because it wil help this community a lot!

Greetings,

Youp Oosterwegel

After a few hours of adding textures and coding, I've managed to add all of your requests. I'm glad we were able to fix this as all of these airlines, callsigns, and aircraft models are very common on Vatsim especially around the Amsterdam FIR. Bare with me as the tools we use to display AI aircraft will not show multiple liveries within the same texture folder. We use this method to conform towards the P3D SDK, but also for organization with the model matching. I'll do my best to explain.

Corendon was the easiest. I was able to find the correct livery with winglets and scimitars. I have configured the model matching so whenever someone logs on with either CDN or CAI as a B738, Vpilot will randomly choose whether to show the plane with winglets or scimitars.

mLiVWbJ.jpg

Now with the TUIGroup additions I did some research. You are correct in that regular TUI Fly Netherlands has the TUI in big letters. TUI Fly Belgium seems to also have the big TUI letters, but gray scimitars instead of blue. TUI Fly Nordic has "Tuifly" spelled out with blue scimitars, and the all blue 737-800. So, I have configured model matching to depict the correct livery based on the callsign just like we did with the regional airlines.

When someone logs onto the network with the following callsigns BVAI will display the following liveries:

Callsign "TFL as a B738" will display this livery: https://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/1003289/ph-tfd-tuifly-boeing-737-800/

Callsign "JAF as a B738" will display this livery: https://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/985078/oo-jlo-tui-airlines-belgium-boeing-737-800/ (Pretty much the same)

Callsign "BLX as a B738" will display this livery: Airline Color Scheme - Introduced 2012 (TUI) (In scimitars)

or this livery: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/64/TuiFly_Nordic.png

Callsign "TUI as a B738" will display this livery: https://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/1030078/d-atur-tuifly-boeing-737-800/

I have also added model matching code for the 737 Max. So, if someone files any of those callsigns as B7M8 or B38M, it will display the correct livery. For example, if someone logged onto the network as BLX225, a B38M, BVAI would correctly depict a TUI Nordic 737-800 with scimitars.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/BLX225/history/20180320/0745Z/EFHK/GCTS

Next, I have taken the TUI flying a step further to ensure it is correct. I have added separate liveries for the TUI Netherlands, TUI Belgium, and TUI Thomson, and regular TUI flying. Again, the livery will depend on the callsign the pilot files on the network. I have attached two examples below. Don't worry about the weird effects where the lights should be. That's just the AI software we're using, and will not show up in the sim.

TXqk2X7.jpg

jFVmNvr.jpg

I have also added the TUI B789, TUI B763, JAF 737-700, and TUI 737-700.

Finally, the KLM Sky Team has been added. Just like the Corendon 737's, it's a 50/50 chance you will see either this livery or the regular KLM livery when a pilot logs onto the network as a KLM B739. There's no way to set percentages in model matching so a certain livery only shows up 20% of the time. Believe me I've tried.

r7OBFFv.jpg

Once you get the open beta you'll better understand how the model matching works. Thank you for the suggestions!

Matthew Miller

C1 Controller

Retired DATM and EC

yea_zpsi7yrafis.jpg

There's no way to set percentages in model matching so a certain livery only shows up 20% of the time. Believe me I've tried.

I'm not an expert but just curious -- have you tried repeating modelNameA four times followed by modelNameB one time?

fvJfs7z.png

There's no way to set percentages in model matching so a certain livery only shows up 20% of the time. Believe me I've tried.

I'm not an expert but just curious -- have you tried repeating modelNameA four times followed by modelNameB one time?

Great point. There's really two ways you could go about this.

The first being what you explained. Add modelNameA four times followed by modelNameB one time. Because of the number of special liveries in BVAI, this would make the model matching file cluttered and disorganized in my opinion. Why have four of the same code when the odds are still random?

The second way would be to create multiple texturedot's within the aircraft model that contains the same texture, then have one texture with the special livery. For example, let's use the KLM Skyteam and KLM regular scheme. Using this method, I would create four texture.KLM folders, each with different derivatives of KLM to avoid the multiple textures of the same name error on sim startup. This might be texture.KLMStandard, texture.KLMRegular, texture.KLMSameasbefore, and texture.KLMIranoutofnames. Then I would create one texture.KLMSkyteam and add the what was zero lines of code into five lines of code within the model matching file. Using this process for every single special livery would double.. even triple flight sim load times. That's something we're definitely trying to avoid. Vpilot does an excellent job matching the callsign and aircraft model to the correct AI livery and model with no performance impact.

Even with the busiest of events, the issue of multiple special liveries is quite small. We tested this theory out during the Mile High City FNO back in December, and the Good Morning Seattle event last month. Although there were numerous people flying SWA B737's, there was enough variety to where it wasn't all the same livery. Currently, the BVAI SWA B737 file has five textures within it. One is Heart One with Scimitars, one is the regular new livery with scimitars, two are the old livery with winglets, and one is Illinois One. Quick math shows there is a 20% chance two out of every five pilot's logged onto the network with a SWA B737 will have the same livery, and even then it's most likely going to be the new livery or the old livery. This is pretty much the case with most major airlines that have multiple liveries in use within BVAI (i.e. Alaska, Southwest, Jetblue, Frontier, Sunwing, American heritage A319's, LATAM, Bangkok Air, GoAir... etc). Hopefully, that explanation made some sense. It's 3:30AM and I'm ready for bed.  ;)

Matthew Miller

C1 Controller

Retired DATM and EC

yea_zpsi7yrafis.jpg

Any new updates here Camd ... wait what? IT'S OUT?!

Fantastic job MR! Reading this thread and your exchanges with Youp made me realize how much work and knowledge goes into making a hyper accurate model matching package. Though I don't fly an FSX based sim, I'm really happy the simulation community has now access to this new, extraordinary, completely free tool.

Additionally, big credits to all the creators who agreed to include their models and liveries in BVAI.

spacer.png

Szymon Puzdrowski

Webmaster
Administration Team

VATSIM Supervisor

I don’t think I gave you permission to use my screenshot on the splash screen  ;)

(Completely aware that since I posted it here BVA owns it, I’m actually flattered)  ;D

Sean Doyle (DY)

ZBW S3

0.png

Guest Danny Rice

If installing to P3DV4 outside of the main sim directory (in the addon manner) you need to run the sim to load the addon, then, things will work as described.  I didn't do that initially and didn't see the expected information in Vpilot matching area either.

Danny

I keep getting a couple issues when trying to download the installer. When I try to run setup.exe as an administrator, I get two things:

1) Windows error: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." (I opened it from my Downloads folder)

2) My Norton doesn't like it. It gives me the WS.Reputation.1 error and deletes the file and doesn't let me restore it.

I tried taking ownership of the file, changing my permissions and Windows still gives me the same error (#1)...hasn't happened before. Is there a way I can bypass these errors?

Cheers!

30.png

I keep getting a couple issues when trying to download the installer. When I try to run setup.exe as an administrator, I get two things:

1) Windows error: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." (I opened it from my Downloads folder)

2) My Norton doesn't like it. It gives me the WS.Reputation.1 error and deletes the file and doesn't let me restore it.

I tried taking ownership of the file, changing my permissions and Windows still gives me the same error (#1)...hasn't happened before. Is there a way I can bypass these errors?

Cheers!

Eli,

Thank you for letting us know about this isuse. We haven't really had someone test BVAI with anti-virus software like Norton. I can assure you there is nothing that will harm your computer with the installer. The installer just provides an easy means to install BVAI, and update it. And there are not serials associated with it. Let me look into Norton. It sounds like it's an issue of BVA not being a certified developer. If you or anyone else do figure out a way to bypass please let us know.

Matthew Miller

C1 Controller

Retired DATM and EC

yea_zpsi7yrafis.jpg

I followed all the instructions but in Vpilot under advanced for model matching the new models do not appear. What did I do wrong?

Please send me an e-mail at the bottom of the BVAI website and we can look into it. It's probably an easy fix.

Matthew Miller

C1 Controller

Retired DATM and EC

yea_zpsi7yrafis.jpg

Thanks Matthew! I think that’s what it is too, not the software itself. I’m going to do some research tonight too I think and see if there’s a way to bypass it. I’ll let you know if I find anything!

Cheers!

30.png

Sharath,

Thank you for your concerns!

I can definitely appreciate your skepticism when your Antivirus is showing you this kind of message, especially after recent events ... in the flight simulation world.

Let me take a minute to explain why you're seeing this message.

BVAI (or at least open beta) is taking advantage of Windows' ClickOnce software distribution method. Through it, we can update the installer with bug fixes and distribute the new version to users quickly, as every time you start BVAI Operations Center, it will automatically check for updates and seamlessly update (with your permission).

Now, Windows uses Trust Certificates to verify that an application is coming from a credible source. In order to sign an application with such a certificate, you have to purchase it from a company that will do a background check on your company. That is expensive. $1000 kind of expensive. This being a free package created by volunteers means we unfortunately we can't afford it.

The specific warning you see is not a "we found a virus!" message, it's rather "hey this software is not signed by anybody well known" type of message.

Additionally, here is a regular executable zipped with some config files that you can throw onto some of the online virus checkers. I guarantee you will not find any viruses.

http://bvaicdn.bvartcc.com/download/BVAI_Operations_Center_v1.zip

Thanks,

Szymon.

spacer.png

Szymon Puzdrowski

Webmaster
Administration Team

VATSIM Supervisor

Problem Solved! There are a couple quick fixes you have to do to bypass your antivirus if you're using Norton. First, when the setup.exe file is in your Downloads folder, before you open it, do this:

Right-click the file and select "File Insight". That will open up the file in Norton. Select "Trust Now" and that part should be all set.

Next: Go back into Norton. Under Settings>Antivirus>Scans and Risks scroll down to "Exclusions/Low Risks". Under that should be "Signatures to Exclude from All Detections", click Cofigure. That will bring up the Security Risks window (give it a minute to load, it takes some time). Select "Insight Network Threat" from the dropdown, select WS.Reputation.1, click Add, then Apply and OK and then you should be all set to run setup.exe (if it doesn't run - which it should - run it as an Administrator). It will prompt you with the unknown publisher stuff, just hit run. Worked like a charm!

Hope this helps! I've attached some screenshots I took in the order I described as well:

30.png

Gah!  Wish I'd seen this post before getting halfway through my flight into Seattle!  I'm too chicken to try installing it with the sim running, lol... you can bet I'll be testing the ---- out of it between now and CTP!

Nice work, friends -- can't wait to try it out!

fvJfs7z.png

Thank you for your concerns!

I can definitely appreciate your skepticism when your Antivirus is showing you this kind of message, especially after recent events ... in the flight simulation world.

Let me take a minute to explain why you're seeing this message.

Hi Szymon,

I should have written more earlier. lol

I just wanted to show Eli Schwartz that WS1.Reputation.1 is shown when its relatively new to the norton community and is not digitally signed like you said. But what you said should clear off any concerns if any to other users.

Happy Easter :D

So far with a tiny bit of testing I am VERY impressed.  This is a fantastic package.  As of yet I've been unable to "stump" it with flights currently on the network except for one SWA that was logged in using an Airbus.  Showed up as a plain Airbus.

That much, I expect.

This was the only slight glitch I saw just now (using FSX Accelleration -- need any other info to troubleshoot?  let me know)...

1V9xeDL.jpg

fvJfs7z.png