Guest Danny Rice

FLAi Questions, Concerns, Suggestions...

So far with a tiny bit of testing I am VERY impressed.  This is a fantastic package.  As of yet I've been unable to "stump" it with flights currently on the network except for one SWA that was logged in using an Airbus.  Showed up as a plain Airbus.

That much, I expect.

This was the only slight glitch I saw just now (using FSX Accelleration -- need any other info to troubleshoot?  let me know)...

1V9xeDL.jpg

Thanks for the report! I think adding an alpha channel to the Cape Air texture may have caused it to go green. The props are black because I forgot to add the Cessna 402 prop texture. My bad! As for the model sinking into the ground, I have another HTAI Cessna 402c model that I'll give a try. I think using the current model.mdl may have caused it to sink. I have uploaded the changes to our server, and you can expect the update in Version 5 of BVAI.

Matthew Miller

C1 Controller

Retired DATM and EC

yea_zpsi7yrafis.jpg

I just came home to check the package and I must say it looks amazing. I was looking in the folder with all the bvai models and I couldn't see the Dutch Corendon(CND) livery only the normal Corendon(CAI), so I was wondering if I missed it or if you guys forget to put it in the package?

I just came home to check the package and I must say it looks amazing. I was looking in the folder with all the bvai models and I couldn't see the Dutch Corendon(CND) livery only the normal Corendon(CAI), so I was wondering if I missed it or if you guys forget to put it in the package?

Hey Youp,

You are correct. To make things more organized I put both Dutch Corendon and normal Corendon into the CAI-Corendon folder. If you click on the texture.CAI-Corendon, you will see NC and SSW. This makes it so whenever someone logs onto the network as CAI_ _ _, Vpilot will choose at random between Scimitars and winglets. Now, for CND you can see the beauty of the VMR file. Instead of adding a whole new texture.CND-Corendon with the same liveries, all I have to do is add a line of code in the model matching for CND. If you look, you'll see:

<ModelMatchRule CallsignPrefix="CDN" TypeCode="B738" ModelName="BVA_FAIB_B738_CAI-Corendon SSW//BVA_FAIB_B738_CAI-Corendon NC" />

This acts just like the CAI model matching, but I don't have to add a new texture folder. This lack of another whole texture folder decreases loading times and increases performance that much more. Whenever someone logs onto the network as CDN_ _ _, it will still model match to Corendon, and pick at random scimitars or winglets. This also puts into perspective how important it is to have that VMR file properly installed into Vpilot. Without it, Vpilot would not recognize this rule.

Matthew Miller

C1 Controller

Retired DATM and EC

yea_zpsi7yrafis.jpg

I think adding an alpha channel to the Cape Air texture may have caused it to go green. The props are black because I forgot to add the Cessna 402 prop texture. My bad! As for the model sinking into the ground, I have another HTAI Cessna 402c model that I'll give a try. I think using the current model.mdl may have caused it to sink.

Hah!  Well, I was only pointing out the props.  :-)  I don't know what the KAP livery's supposed to look like so I didn't see the alpha issue.  And I always chalk up a bit of sinking to differences in scenery meshes from one user to another.  But, if you say those are problems to be fixed, I believe you!  :-)

Is this thread an okay place to make reports like that?  And was there more information I should have provided other than the screen from the .aircraft page?  Seems like that plus knowing which simulator I use gave you everything you needed, right?

fvJfs7z.png

Did you put the Callsign prefix as CDN? Because ifso it should CND. Thanks for the quick reply.

Good catch! I did accidentally put CDN. I have changed this to CND, and it will be available in the version 5 update.

Matthew Miller

C1 Controller

Retired DATM and EC

yea_zpsi7yrafis.jpg

I think adding an alpha channel to the Cape Air texture may have caused it to go green. The props are black because I forgot to add the Cessna 402 prop texture. My bad! As for the model sinking into the ground, I have another HTAI Cessna 402c model that I'll give a try. I think using the current model.mdl may have caused it to sink.

Hah!  Well, I was only pointing out the props.  :-)  I don't know what the KAP livery's supposed to look like so I didn't see the alpha issue.  And I always chalk up a bit of sinking to differences in scenery meshes from one user to another.  But, if you say those are problems to be fixed, I believe you!  :-)

Is this thread an okay place to make reports like that?  And was there more information I should have provided other than the screen from the .aircraft page?  Seems like that plus knowing which simulator I use gave you everything you needed, right?

Yep, everything you gave me is completely fine. It helped me find and hopefully fix the issue. This thread is fine for me. I'm not very strict on what is posted in here.

Matthew Miller

C1 Controller

Retired DATM and EC

yea_zpsi7yrafis.jpg

As for the model sinking into the ground, I have another HTAI Cessna 402c model that I'll give a try. I think using the current model.mdl may have caused it to sink.

You are probably already aware of this, but that could be a matter of the static_cg_height value not being set correctly in the aircraft.cfg. vPilot uses that value (along with the height of the terrain at the aircraft's location) to ensure that the model is never rendered at an altitude that would put the wheels below ground. It could also be a glitch in the scenery but that's less likely.

In any case, it's not an issue of scenery mismatch between the two users ... vPilot takes care of that as I described above.

Guest Scott Gray

First, thank you for the tremendous effort that went into making this available!!! I followed the install instructions and installed into a different location than where P3D is installed and all installed fine. What I found though, was that that location was not added to the simobjects.cfg file, so it did not show up in vPilot. I manually added an cfg entry and it did show in vPilot and all seems to be working fine. Just wanted to provide a heads up that for some reason it wasn't added to the simobject.cfg.  Thanks again!!

Guest Richard McDonald Woods

Many thanks for all of your hard work!

I have a problem. I am using P3Dv4.2.21.24048 with vPilot that I downloaded today after uninstalling the previous version.

I have Model Matching Custom Rules set to BVAModelMatchingP3D.vmr from my C:\Users\[name]\Documents\vPilot Files\BVAI\ and it clearly shows in the white box, but the Advanced tab still only shows SimObjects\Airplanes as 108 models, 96 identified.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers, Richard

Richard -- try downloading the Beta version of vPilot. You'll need that for vPilot to recognize the P3D Add-on installation method. You can get this by choosing "Beta" under the "Updates" section of vPilot settings.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Manager
Administration Team

I just promoted 2.1.11 to Stable, so now the beta and stable channels are the same. So you can keep your vPilot channel set to Stable if you want, and you'll now get 2.1.11 the next time you run it and perform the update.

Afternoon all! First off thank you for this amazing project! I am having some issuies tho. Am getting a multiple object duplicate error. I may be doing something wrong. maybe someone can help me point to the right direction!

Afternoon all! First off thank you for this amazing project! I am having some issuies tho. Am getting a multiple object duplicate error. I may be doing something wrong. maybe someone can help me point to the right direction!

Hey Ryan,

Just send me an e-mail to [email protected] concerning this issue. It's most likely an easy fix. If you could also send pictures of these exact duplicate errors to me I would appreciate it.

Matthew Miller

C1 Controller

Retired DATM and EC

yea_zpsi7yrafis.jpg

Forums got moved around a bit. We’ll continue the public discussion here. For those who are wondering why the CRJ9 doesn’t work with the new version 5 update, I screwed up the wording in the aircraft.cfg. ;D

This has been fixed and will be available in the version 6 update within the next few days. 

Matthew Miller

C1 Controller

Retired DATM and EC

yea_zpsi7yrafis.jpg

Guest Richard McDonald Woods

Thanks for the help.

I am now running with BVAI/vPilot. Seems excellent :)

Guest Jack Vince

Hi guys, first of all what a great AI package you have created. However, one thing I would like to be confirmed is whether or not there is a Concorde model for P3d V4. I read somewhere that it would be included however on Vatsim Concordes are still showing up as the default CRJ. I looked in the simobjects folder and could find no Concorde file so any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!  :)

Hi,

The AI looks fantastic! thanks for this hard work.

I was wondering if at some point the Surinam airways A340-3 and B737-3 and 737-7 will be included (there are no pictures yet of the 737-7 on internet but when they are I can keep you guys updated on that).

I fly these often and it would be nice if people on Vatsim could see this airline in their sim.

Regards,

Shane

Hi guys, first of all what a great AI package you have created. However, one thing I would like to be confirmed is whether or not there is a Concorde model for P3d V4. I read somewhere that it would be included however on Vatsim Concordes are still showing up as the default CRJ. I looked in the simobjects folder and could find no Concorde file so any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!  :)

Jack,

You are correct. We did not include the Concorde in the BVAI, therefore it would show a default CRJ. Originally we did use the AIS Concorde, however during beta testing there was a 50/50 chance it would crash both P3D and FSX. We tried numerous methods to keep it from crashing flightsim, but none worked. The last thing we want is for someone to fly a long haul, only to have a loaded up Concorde crash their flight sim on short final. We're still trying to implement a Concorde model in BVAI, but it's gonna take further testing before we feel comfortable adding it.

Matthew Miller

C1 Controller

Retired DATM and EC

yea_zpsi7yrafis.jpg

Hi,

The AI looks fantastic! thanks for this hard work.

I was wondering if at some point the Surinam airways A340-3 and B737-3 and 737-7 will be included (there are no pictures yet of the 737-7 on internet but when they are I can keep you guys updated on that).

I fly these often and it would be nice if people on Vatsim could see this airline in their sim.

Regards,

Shane

Shane,

I will see if I can find Surinam A343, 733, and 737 liveries. If I can find them I will definitely add them. I know Flyingcarpet75 made them, but their website is down for maintenance right now.

Matthew Miller

C1 Controller

Retired DATM and EC

yea_zpsi7yrafis.jpg

I've been using this software now for several days and I can't say how impressed I've been!  It carries my highest recommendation.

I've done similar work (though not on the same scale) and beyond the ENORMOUS number of hours spent coordinating with AI modelers and repainters as well as coordinating the database itself, the team has done a first rate job with P3DV4 integration and the installer.  I literally didn't have to do a darned thing!

I've now decommissioned Ultimate Traffic Life and don't ever see going back to it!

Even immense thanks to the entire team falls far short of what they deserve, buy thank you guys VERY MUCH for all your time and hard work on this project!!!

My very best wishes to everyone.

Dave Hodges

f55b93805750133.jpg

A big congratulations to everyone involved with the project.

Began using BVAI shortly after release, with no problems during the install or setting it up.

In the sim the models look great and I have not come across any issues to report.

Very well done !!

CXA362-1.jpg

Canadian Xpress (CXA) pilot

CXA362

MR,

Any plans to add the new ACA liveries? Also I’m guessing no B38M because the model isn’t readily available?

Finally noticed it wasn’t in the package  :D

Disregard, someone messed up the type code. I see it as a B738 now

Sean Doyle (DY)

ZBW S3

0.png