Guest Danny Rice

FLAi Questions, Concerns, Suggestions...

MR,

Any plans to add the new ACA liveries? Also I’m guessing no B38M because the model isn’t readily available?

Finally noticed it wasn’t in the package  :D

Disregard, someone messed up the type code. I see it as a B738 now

As per special request from Evan I repainted and added it. Although there isn’t a freeware AI 737 MAX yet, the one provided is close enough with the scimitars. It will model match in that livery to the B738, B38M, and B7M8.

Matthew Miller

C1 Controller

Retired DATM and EC

yea_zpsi7yrafis.jpg

I have gotten a handful of "unable to create ... will try to use a different model" error messages.  Should I be screen-grabbing those for reports?

If you are getting a lot of error messages, it might be a conflict between BVAI and another AI package. If it’s just a handful please e-mail me them so I can look into it.

Matthew Miller

C1 Controller

Retired DATM and EC

yea_zpsi7yrafis.jpg

I have gotten a handful of "unable to create ... will try to use a different model" error messages.  Should I be screen-grabbing those for reports?

If you are getting a lot of error messages, it might be a conflict between BVAI and another AI package. If it’s just a handful please e-mail me them so I can look into it.

No conflict; I removed all of my WoAI stuff before installing.  I've seen three or four of them since starting to use BVAI; I think a couple were related to one of the Embraer jets which I think I saw you comment about a typo in the ruleset.  They're not rampant but I would say more occasional than I'm used to seeing.  I'll grab snips of any more that I see and will send them your way.  Thanks!

p3O4gOQ.png

Ive had similar problems from time to time.  These are from tonight

[23:50:32] Failed to create aircraft ENY221 using model "BVA_AIM_E145_ENY-Envoy". The model may be corrupt or missing. vPilot will try to create the aircraft with a different model.

[23:52:08] Flight plan filed.

[00:00:47] Failed to create aircraft ASQ2556 using model "BVA_AIM_E145_ASQ-ExpressJet UAL". The model may be corrupt or missing. vPilot will try to create the aircraft with a different model.

[00:07:22] Failed to create aircraft LOF222 using model "BVA_AIM_E145_LOF-TransStates AAL". The model may be corrupt or missing. vPilot will try to create the aircraft with a different model.

[00:07:43] Failed to create aircraft LOF222 using model "BVA_AIM_E145_LOF-TransStates LOF". The model may be corrupt or missing. vPilot will try to create the aircraft with a different model.

Mike Willey - Retired vZBW TA and Staff Member

ASEL, ASES, Instrument Airplane, Glider Aero Tow, Tow Pilot

0.png

Rob and Mike,

Thank you for bringing this up. I think I've found a typo within model matching that would cause an error with the E145's. It should now be all fixed with version 6 of BVAI.

Just a quick note with the E145's. They should show up with no issues in FSX. In P3D V4, they might not show up properly. In fact you'll most likely just see a tail instead of a whole E145 model. This is because the AIM E145 model has not been updated for P3D V4 like the older FS2004 AI models have. We have kept the E-145 in BVAI because there should be a fix for this soon. Until then it may look weird, but it will not harm flight sim. There aren't that many people that fly the E145 on Vatsim, so it's not a huge issue for the time being.

Matthew Miller

C1 Controller

Retired DATM and EC

yea_zpsi7yrafis.jpg

Thanks for all of the work on this MR.. The files are getting better and better ;)

0.png

I've had some issues with the E145 as well. I can see lights and the tail, but the rest of the model is missing.

Yea, that's normal. Unfortunately, there is no other freeware Embraer 145 available for P3D V4. Once we do get the AIM E-145 P3D V4 model update we will add it right away. That should fix any abnormalities you see with the aircraft.

Matthew Miller

C1 Controller

Retired DATM and EC

yea_zpsi7yrafis.jpg

Only one I saw tonight (v5 installed):

[00:49:11] Failed to create aircraft JBU260 using model "BVA_E75S_X". The model may be corrupt or missing. vPilot will try to create the aircraft with a different model.

p3O4gOQ.png

Only one I saw tonight (v5 installed):

[00:49:11] Failed to create aircraft JBU260 using model "BVA_E75S_X". The model may be corrupt or missing. vPilot will try to create the aircraft with a different model.

Yea, that one is understandable. Without an E190 AI model there’s really nothing a JetBlue E190 on the network can model match to, thus it spits out that error. I’ll probably end up Model Matching any JetBlue E190’s to the JetBlue A320... even though it pains me to do that.

Matthew Miller

C1 Controller

Retired DATM and EC

yea_zpsi7yrafis.jpg

However, that error message indicates a problem with the .vmr file.  If one is getting that error, that means that there is a rule in the .vmr that is telling the sim to look for a BVA_E75S_X AI, yet there is no BVA_E75S_X AI included.  Suggest removing that rule from the .vmr file if the aircraft does not exist.

Hi,

The AI looks fantastic! thanks for this hard work.

I was wondering if at some point the Surinam airways A340-3 and B737-3 and 737-7 will be included (there are no pictures yet of the 737-7 on internet but when they are I can keep you guys updated on that).

I fly these often and it would be nice if people on Vatsim could see this airline in their sim.

Regards,

Shane

Shane,

I will see if I can find Surinam A343, 733, and 737 liveries. If I can find them I will definitely add them. I know Flyingcarpet75 made them, but their website is down for maintenance right now.

hi guys,

After some searching I found an link of flyingcarpet75 which included all AI's he made.

Here I found the Surinam livery's of the 733 and 343 only thing that is not updated on the 343 is that the reg is TCP and not TCR and the winglets have the Surinamese flag instead of the new flyslm.com paint.

These are the links of the repaints:

ftp://kamjunke.remotewebaccess.com/fc75/faib_733_slm_tcn_fsx.zip

ftp://kamjunke.remotewebaccess.com/fc75/ai_343slm_50y_fc.zip

Here you can see the difference a bit with the TCP and TCR.

TCP: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:PZ-TCP_(13388775464).jpg

TCR: http://www.vanwageningen.net/picture/3710-20160514_036_surinam_airways_airbus_a340_313_pz_tcr_amsterdam_schiphol_nl

And this is the link where you can find al the repaints.

ftp://kamjunke.remotewebaccess.com/fc75

Hope I have helped you guys out enough.

@Shane,

Thank you for the help! I couldn't find the link to FC75's repaints cause his site was on maintenance. I have added both the Surinam B733 and A343. You will see it in version 7 of BVAI.

@Don,

Good point. I have deleted the Jetblue E190 line of code that is probably causing the error. That will be fixed in version 7 of BVAI.

Matthew Miller

C1 Controller

Retired DATM and EC

yea_zpsi7yrafis.jpg

I flew the FNO last night with version 6 with NO problems and all of the aircraft looked really nice.  I did see the JBU E190 issue at KJFK a little earlier so glad someone caught that.

All in All, a very incredible job by the BVA team.  This is what sets this ARTCC apart.  Thanks to all who worked on this..

0.png

A suggestion for the Installer:

I updated from package v5 to v6 today by starting it and heading upstairs to put away some dishes.  When I came back down I expected to be all set, but, it was telling me that it had verified the files to update and was now awaiting my approval to update them, or it had downloaded them but was waiting my approval to install them, or something.  My question is, since the installer/updater seems to be pretty stable at this point, why not take out that two-click requirement?  Aside from testing to see if error messages appear, I'm not sure what the practical purpose of requiring user intervention is at that point.  I've verified the files for no other purpose than to download and install the updates :)

Just a thought!  Heed or ignore as you see fit.  Thanks!

p3O4gOQ.png

Another model match rule pointing to a non-existent model?

vL5FyiJ.jpg

By the way, I saw an Air Guard F-16 land in front of me at Augusta while I was holding short for departure.  AWESOME.  You guys have put together a fantastic package here.  You should be proud!

p3O4gOQ.png

Rob,

I'll ask Szymon about your first question. I think we added the two-click requirement just incase someone doesn't want to update at that point for some reason.

Thank you for pointing out the PC12 model matching error. This was caused because I named the default PC-12 texture "BVA_AIG_PC12_ZZZZ instead of BVA_AIG_PC12_X. It would've worked fine, but I added a hyphen in the PC12 model matching instead of an underscore. I guess that's what open beta is for! This will be fixed for version 7 of BVAI.

Matthew Miller

C1 Controller

Retired DATM and EC

yea_zpsi7yrafis.jpg

Our of curiosity, has the new "Rednose" callsign been added (NRS)? I guess Norwegian has something like five AOC's all with different callsigns and their UK one with "Rednose" just got approved.

spacer.png

Krikor Hajian

Deputy Air Traffic Manager
Administration Team

Our of curiosity, has the new "Rednose" callsign been added (NRS)? I guess Norwegian has something like five AOC's all with different callsigns and their UK one with "Rednose" just got approved.

Yep, that was added a few versions ago. Any NRS B788 or N789 will model match to a Norwegian Air Boeing 787.

Matthew Miller

C1 Controller

Retired DATM and EC

yea_zpsi7yrafis.jpg

Yep, that was added a few versions ago. Any NRS B788 or N789 will model match to a Norwegian Air Boeing 787.

Yay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spacer.png

Krikor Hajian

Deputy Air Traffic Manager
Administration Team

Running the latest version, I've received some errors where vPilot tries to use the Robinson R22 to render a helicopter. The default R22 is not usable as AI, so it should be removed from the VMR file.

20.png

Guest Philip McNiel

I'm not a member of bvartcc (hence why I'm posting here), but I am an avid VATSIM user, and I have some questions about the new model set:

First, how does it affect frame rates compared with World of AI for someone using FSX?  WoAI's planes don't look quite as detailed or high-resolution, but I know that FSX-native models tend to give better frame rates in FSX.

Second, it appears you've done something that nobody else has done before:  Made an FSX-native, P3D-compatible model of the De Havilland/Bombardier Dash-8 Q400 that isn't expensive payware.  (Don't get me wrong--I'm not saying anything against Majestic, as they seem to have done a great job on what they set out to do; it's just that not all of us have the budget to justify spending money on luxuries such as high-end payware, let alone an upgrade to the old laptop I use to run FSX so as to handle such a detailed addon.)  Would it be both possible and permissible for someone to, at some point, make your Dash-8 flyable?

Guest Nick Hesler

Is there a way to have BVAI work as regular AI traffic in single player off vatsim?