Guest Danny Rice

FLAi Questions, Concerns, Suggestions...

All these FLAi models are great stuff.  But I fly, with others in the environment, many GA aircraft (those produced by Carenado and A2A) and find that there just are not many GA models in the file.  So when we are flying say a Comanche or a Rockwell 114 we get a PA28-140 or if we are in a Skylane we get a C172.  It would sure heighten the realism if there were some representative models for popular GA planes as well.

Guest Norman

I'm getting an error when trying to download the operations center, I already have it installed, but had to reinstall P3DV4... 1. It won't let me uninstall the operations center from my computer it says it's already gone. I try to re-download it from the site and get this error.... Any help?

Is there a "slimmed down" version of FLAI?  Ever since installing it for P3D v.4 it takes forever to get through the initial splash screen, to the screen where you select your aircraft, etc.  Like 10 minutes.  Once it load it works fine, but the loading time is absurdly slow now.

Paul Biderman (PB)

ZBW C3

I'm getting an error when trying to download the operations center, I already have it installed, but had to reinstall P3DV4... 1. It won't let me uninstall the operations center from my computer it says it's already gone. I try to re-download it from the site and get this error.... Any help?

My google search yielded this:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista/dll-is-either-not-designed-to-run-on-windows-or-it/96e04287-7e81-49ab-afe5-f44449dd8322?fbclid=IwAR1jW8ZnqMSYQu6JrFEwtI567isxHg4gAcob7fnDjpWRIooDFY5EPR7ni3o

Check it out and please let us know if it helped.

spacer.png

Szymon Puzdrowski

Webmaster
Administration Team

VATSIM Supervisor

My google search yielded this:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista/dll-is-either-not-designed-to-run-on-windows-or-it/96e04287-7e81-49ab-afe5-f44449dd8322?fbclid=IwAR1jW8ZnqMSYQu6JrFEwtI567isxHg4gAcob7fnDjpWRIooDFY5EPR7ni3o

Check it out and please let us know if it helped.

Norman, to echo Szymon's post, we have not had a report with this error in the past. I suspect it would be something specific to your installation. Have you had that error with any other software?

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Manager
Administration Team

Is there a "slimmed down" version of FLAI?  Ever since installing it for P3D v.4 it takes forever to get through the initial splash screen, to the screen where you select your aircraft, etc.  Like 10 minutes.  Once it load it works fine, but the loading time is absurdly slow now.

We have not received a complaint like this from other users. Anyone else here on P3D v4 experience similar?

At the moment, I'm not aware of any interest/effort from the developers to create a "lite" version of FLAi. In fact, we're getting requests for more airlines and liveries on a regular basis. There has been talk of creating a selection option that would allow users to pick and choose which liveries/types are installed but currently nothing is in development.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Manager
Administration Team

I think an option to select what you want to install would be great.  I will say that today I uninstalled FLAi and reinstalled it and now P3D seems to load much faster.  Maybe there was a problem with my initial install?  Though I've only loaded it once since this morning.  About to go fire it up again.  If I continue to have issues I'll post again.

Paul Biderman (PB)

ZBW C3

Guest Chris Lezama

Hi Guys,

I am getting a few content errors from FLAI that I assume are easy fixes. Could these be corrected in the next version?

[error.129]

error=Found Duplicate Key Name

File:D:\Prepar3D v4\FLAi\Effects\fx_aiafterburner_trdm29.fx

Section:ParticleAttributes.9

Key:FPS

[error.130]

error=Duplicate Section Name

File: D:\Prepar3D v4\FLAi\Effects\fx_aismoke_trd.fx

Section: Emitter.1

[error.131]

File:D:\Prepar3D v4\FLAi\Effects\fx_aismoke_trd.fx

Section:Particle.1

Key:Z Scale

[error.132]

File:D:\Prepar3D v4\FLAi\Effects\fx_aismoke_trd.fx

Section:ParticleAttributes.2

Key:Color Start

[error.133]

File:D:\Prepar3D v4\FLAi\Effects\fx_nicksmokeai_747.fx

Section:Emitter.2

Key:Drag

[error.134]

File:D:\Prepar3D v4\FLAi\Effects\fx_nicksmokeai_747.fx

[error.135]

File:D:\Prepar3D v4\FLAi\Effects\fx_nicksmokeai_sm_lear.fx

Section:Particle.1

Key:Z Scale

[error.136]

File:D:\Prepar3D v4\FLAi\Effects\fx_nicksmokeai_sm_lear.fx

[error.139]

error=Duplicate Section Name

File: D:\Prepar3D v4\FLAi\SimObjects\Airplanes\FLAi_B77L\aircraft.cfg

Section: fltsim.18

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris, thanks for the post. I believe the team is aware of these errors and is looking at correcting them for the next version. However, I've sent along the link just in case.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Manager
Administration Team

ive downloaded the FLAi operations center and i created a path way for FSX steam edition but when i go to vpilot it dosent find any of the models. my path is C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes is this the correct path or should it be different and what should it be?

That looks like the correct path. Which version of vPilot are you using? Have you restarted your PC since installing FLAi? If not, give that a try.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Manager
Administration Team

16 hours ago, Evan Reiter said:

That looks like the correct path. Which version of vPilot are you using? Have you restarted your PC since installing FLAi? If not, give that a try.

I was able to get it working. I just copied all the airplane models in with where the default models are and it worked.

Guest Pilot_ Paul

Will FLAI work with P3D V5 or do we have to wait for an update.  Many thanks 

5 hours ago, Guest Pilot_ Paul said:

Will FLAI work with P3D V5 or do we have to wait for an update.  Many thanks 

It should work well enough as-is. I believe the team is working on a few minor updates to address installer compatibility but several users have been able to get it working on v5 without issue.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Manager
Administration Team

I'm sorry to share with the BVA community that the group of people who built FLAi, including three BVA members, have elected to remove it. FLAi will no longer be available for download or access to BVA members or other VATSIM users. You can read more at www.flai.app.

Personally, this is the toughest "flight sim" moment I've had for quite some time. In trying to support a hobby that's supposed to be fun, there has been a lot of heated disagreement and challenge of how to move forward. I'm proud of what we were able to contribute to VATSIM but truly defeated in the sense that we weren't able to maintain that going forward. I fought as hard as I could, and it wasn't enough.

This news has no impact to X-Plane or MSFS users, as the original package didn't support them anyway. However, those on FSX/P3D will need to find other solutions for model matching. From a BVA perspective, I'll keep my eyes open to other potential solutions and consider them for eventual inclusion in the Getting Started Guide, which will soon be updated to remove mention of FLAi. If anyone has suggestions for alternatives, I'm all ears!

I'll be locking this thread, but if someone hears of or creates model matching solutions for any of the simulators, I'd encourage them to reach out so we can continue to improve our resources for new members.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Manager
Administration Team