Contrary to popular belief, not everything is as easy as pie, but our PI made it look easy today. Congratulations to PI for completing his Center certification! He was able to weather the storm as the entirety of ZBW was being flooded with rain and aircraft. PI was able to push through the madness and manage his aircraft well while also keeping his cool and a friendly attitude.

The trick now will be to keep the good attitude, while the treat will be for others to enjoy. PI, you will be constantly challenged, and Center requires high proficiency and knowledge to provide an enjoyable experience for pilots on the network and your fellow controllers. Be humble and admit your mistakes while also never giving up. Continue to critique yourself, and keep challenging yourself to do better every session. Remember to stay positive as much as possible, and don't be shy to ask for help when you're overwhelmed or feel you will be close to it. Keep up the good work, and congratulations!

As always. may the Vector Gods protect your localizers.

spacer.png

Jamsheed Lovelace

Training Administrator
Administration Team

48 minutes ago, Jamsheed Lovelace said:

The trick now will be to keep the good attitude

Ain't that the truth. Lol.

Congrats on officially finishing your formal controller training, PI! Everything Jay said is extremely accurate. I still find myself learning things while controlling Center even though I've been doing it for years now - and that's the way it should be! Never stop taking the opportunity to learn and, as always, we'll be here if you have any questions.

Congrats PI!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Raabe (RB)

BVARTCC Military Commander

ZBW C1

Thank you all for the kind words!

On November 29th, 2016 I got the email from Camden that I’ve been accepted into BVA as an Air Traffic Controller. In about a months time I’ll celebrate my 3 year anniversary while finally having achieved the highest certification our training program has to offer.

It always blows my mind to think about this, but I’m just some guy you all met on the Internet, befriended and started sharing this great passion with. In the past 3 years BVA members have driven me across multiple states in a car, flew me couple a hundred feet away from the NYC skyline in a private airplane, shared (probably unhealthy) amounts of alcohol with me and have broken bread (and cake) at our annual meetup.

On top of that a lot of you spent hours teaching me the rules of aviation, screamed at me to identify myself on frequency and taught me how to move blips on the radar. You all volunteer to do that because you believe in this passion and you want to give back to this amazing community.

Like I said, this has and will always amaze me, and for your time and friendship, I will be forever grateful.

Love you all, π.

spacer.png

Szymon Puzdrowski

Webmaster
Administration Team