Guest Jason Herman

vZNY LOA: Revision 3

Guest Jason Herman

Hi Gents,

A new revision of our vZNY LOA has just been approved by vZNY and can be found on our site. You will notice it is now in PDF format and stay in that form for now.

Please note the below changes (many were made by request in the Staff Discussion):

1. All aircraft destined to KBOS shall be given a clearance direct MERIT prior to handoff from N90 and shall be proceeding direct MERIT via navigation other than a radar assigned heading unless properly coordinated with ZBW.

2. Aircraft on the same route into ZNY airspace must be separated by no less than 10 nm unless further separation is requested by ZNY, N90, or the TMU. (Previously 20 MIT)

3. Handoffs to ZBW via JFK.ORW3 should be made PRIOR to passing JFK VOR with crossing instruction of NEWES FL240.

4. An aircraft destined for KBOS not on the ORW3 arrival shall not be handed off above FL250. (Also note: Any aircraft bound for KBOS on the ORW3 arrival shall be given the NEWES/FL240 crossing restriction and at least 10 MIT. Any handoff contrary to the above procedures may be refused.)

5. Arrivals on the DPK2 arrival into KBDL are to be handed off to the appropriate Boston ATC (Boston Center) prior to crossing the DPK VOR at or below FL200. ZNY shall not issue the MAD VOR crossing restriction. ZBW will now issue the MAD/11,000 crossing restriction.

6. JORDN2 arrivals shall be cleared to HTO VOR and cleared to cross HTO at or below 15000 and 250 KIAS or less.

9. Aircraft on the SHAFF5 arrival shall be handed off to New York Approach at IGN VOR with instructions to cross CRANK at/maintain 7000.

Thanks,

HN

Guest Chris Seeber - RIP
An aircraft destined for KBOS not on the ORW3 arrival shall not be handed off above FL250.

This isn't quite true. It had me a little worried until I read the LOA. But I'm glad it's finally out. This should help matters. Thanks for the heads-up.

Guest Jason Herman
An aircraft destined for KBOS not on the ORW3 arrival shall not be handed off above FL250.

This isn't quite true. It had me a little worried until I read the LOA. But I'm glad it's finally out. This should help matters. Thanks for the heads-up.

Hi SR,

This was a little clause also in the last ZNY LOA that allows ZNY to descend aircraft that do not have any charts and therefore, cannot fly the ORW3. The previous clause stated "FL270" however I requested to lower it as I've seen these aircraft handed off way high in the past.

The actual line reads:

In no case shall an aircraft destined for KBOS through this airspace be handed off above FL250.

Thanks,

HN

Guest Jason Herman

Hey Gents,

Be advised, aircraft inbound to JFK on the IGN7 arrival shall be handed off to ZNY (New York Center). The revised LOA accidentally did state to handoff these aircraft to New York Approach; however this is not the case and I have spoken to the folks at ZNY about it. The LOA has been updated to reflect the change.

Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks,

HN