Issue Date : November 20, 2011 at 1419 UTC

Beginning Date and Time : November 22, 2011 at 2245 UTC

Ending Date and Time : November 28, 2011 at 0459 UTC

Reason for NOTAM : Temporary flight restrictions for VIP Movement

Type : VIP

Replaced NOTAM(s) : N/A

http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_1_6540.html

sect_1_6540.gif

So, can the boys from OTIS scramble some jets for us? I know the proper action with a TFR is to avoid the area as posted, but I would really like to be on the receiving end of a virtual intercept just for the experience of it.

Thanks!

Tom G.

Arguing with a pilot is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a while you begin to think the pig likes it.

https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim

Guest Lucas Kaelin

Had ZKC call the other day while I was working and pointed out a 1200 code in my airspace. They wanted to know where he landed and when, as he apparently violated a TFR somewhere up north. Turns out he landed at a satellite airport in my airspace and was given a number to call on the ground. Obviously this guy got in trouble with FSDO.

Guest slayer816
So, can the boys from OTIS scramble some jets for us? I know the proper action with a TFR is to avoid the area as posted, but I would really like to be on the receiving end of a virtual intercept just for the experience of it.

See here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1508&p=9342&hilit=restricted+airspace#p9342

I can't find another link discussing the Martha's Vineyard TFR that took place earlier this year. There was more related information in there. If I remember correctly we will not enforce real world TFR's at least not all of us. Also, I believe there was some discussion about simulating this sort of thing in some type of event. I, for one, would be willing to participate in such event.

The thread Matt was referring to: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1856.

I recall the thread very well and was an active poster in it. Whether anything official or not I think some intercept practice would be good fun for the fighter jocks and for some of us interested in experiencing it. Hoping to get a couple hours logged over the next few days and would love to have some interaction with a military aircraft.

Thanks!

Tom G.

Arguing with a pilot is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a while you begin to think the pig likes it.

https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim

The thread Matt was referring to: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1856.

I recall the thread very well and was an active poster in it. Whether anything official or not I think some intercept practice would be good fun for the fighter jocks and for some of us interested in experiencing it. Hoping to get a couple hours logged over the next few days and would love to have some interaction with a military aircraft.

If you see "Archer91" online, shoot him a PM -- I'm sure he'd be more than happy to practice an intercept.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team