Guest george bruton

St barthelemy pattern get together.

Guest george bruton

This would not be a officially BVA event.

Just throwing it out there to see if anyone would be intrested in meeting up on a certain date/time to attempt some pattern work at St. Barts. After reading the other post about St. Barts it seems a few members have the FlyTampa scenery so it might just work.

If we can get 4 or 5 people intrested we can pick out a date. Could be a blasty blast.

Thoughts?

Guest Max Enis

For me:

Computer Fixed ✔

Fly Tampa ✔

Available Whenever ✔

B-17 Cargo Plane ✖ (Sorry Hotshot Jimmy)

This sounds awesome!!! I am defiantly. Prior to the event, i think we should hold a TeamSpeak/ Skype "briefing session" to make sure everyone is familiar with the procedures for the airport and has the Flytampa.

We could also do some Island hopping. Kind of like a VFR Challenge...without there being restrictions on navigation tools.

Start at the GA ramp in TNCM.

TNCM- TFFJ

TFFJ- SABA

SABA-TFFJ

TFFJ-TNCM

We could set Departure times at each airport, and schedule break at each airport. (20-25mins for people to do pattern work, step away from the computer, take a break, etc.) Then when the departure time comes, everyone departs the airport. I think quite a few people on BVA have Flytampa St. Maarten complete. Still keeping it a non official event, it would be great to get 9-10 guys instead of 4-5. I am not sure what out of those airports are controlled or not, but maybe we could even get a controller scheduled for one of the destinations planned. Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Guest Lucas Kaelin

We could also do some Island hopping. Kind of like a VFR Challenge...without there being restrictions on navigation tools.

Do you think the rules for VFR Challenge too difficult? With no visual landmarks over water you're stuck with dead reckoning (Heading XXX for XXmXXs) you'd eventually find it, or run out of fuel... but is the Caribbean really a bad place to be marooned on an island?

Guest James Stewart
B-17 Cargo Plane ✖ (Sorry Hotshot Jimmy)

:cry: sniffle...

Na like I said in one of the other posts i'd only fly that thing when no one else was around, no witnesses :lol:

I'm game for this, I mostly work closings at EGPH (1200 - 2300) so i'll need to see when everybody else is free. Best bet is the weekend.

Guest george bruton

Well that is 3 people.. almost there. Lets pull this together!

Guest Adam DeVita

I'll do it but I can't do it until August 22. I'm using a bad computer until then so maybe you guys want to do it twice or hold it off until then.

Guest george bruton

Alright when do we want to pull the trigger on this? I can do any day this week except Sunday.

Guest James Stewart

I am most likely free Saturday night.

Hi all!

I would suggest using the New PILOT TIMETABLE when you are agreed on a date and time... So this could be a confirmation from all flyers that want to participate. Have a great time! :)

Gilles | CYUL | Founder of the "TANGO SQUADRON" - BVA member since July 31st 2008

Guest James Stewart

It was your idea GBruton. Set a permanent date and if it goes ok then we know for next time, if no one turns up we know for next time that the date is wrong. :lol: