Dan Perrone

Billings-Logan "Pack-The-Pattern" (9/6/2012)

Hey All,

Just wanted to post and let everyone know that there IS a brand new scenery update for Billings Logan International Airport (KBIL) for our Pack-The-Pattern event tonight. I know this truly is a release down to the wire, but due to a combination of my job and a mis-marked scenery update calendar over here, the scenery was not completed till early this morning (2:15a EST early). This is a necessary update, as the old v1 KBIL scenery previously available had many old taxiways and connections present when, now, the airport has completed a major overhaul of it's taxiways, resulting in the elimination of three, and the creation of two others. The new v2 update, now available on the Event Scenery page, reflects these updates. Also corrected is the size of the terminal. Additional parking has been added to support the Pack-The-Pattern.

You can grab Billings-Logan International Airport (KBIL) v2 from RIGHT HERE. You can also visit the Event Scenery page to grab a copy, though the link above goes right to the same file. I've sent the email to Phil, and when he has the free moment, the scenery will be available in triplicate on the PtP event page itself. I'll update here when that happens. PLEASE NOTE: As of this posting, only v1.2 is available from the PtP event page itself page. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE. If the scenery on the PtP Event page says "Previous Release Version 1.2," then you are NOT getting the right scenery.

I'll be controlling approach for the event, and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there! I know I'm the late one this time, but please take a moment to download and install the scenery! It only takes less than 2 minutes, and it makes the workload for controllers and pilots alike much, much simpler.

THANKS!

kbilv1.png

Dan P.

PPL ASEL - High Perf & Complex Endsr.

KHVN - Tweed-New Haven/KOXC - Waterbury-Oxford

Guest James Strauss

Thanks for the effort and time, Dan. I, for one, don't take for granted how much personal time must be sacrificed to complete these projects. After all your contributions for the great SFRA challenge, and Hawaiian RC, it's understandable that you were in a time crunch to get this completed. Hope everyone fully understands how much the generous contributions of a relatively small core group makes this a much better experience for the whole. You guys never will get enough credit for your unselfish contributions, but we can, at least, try to express gratitude.

Guest Billy Hatchell

Thanks for the update and download. Is this downloaded the same way the enhanced add-ons were loaded when I join BVATC? I wish I could join you guys tonight in "Pack-The-Patteren" but I have to work. Hope to catch you the next time.

Ditchdr

Billy Hatchell

The scenery installs the same way all manual updates have in the past. There is an automatic installer included for those less inclined to install scenery the way the SDK intended.

Dan P.

I have an issue which must be on my side, I hope.

I downloaded the KBIL scenery, first, from the Scenery Downloads Page ... And I did not get the same configuration as Dan shows in the screenshot above, in the thread. The FSX top down view does not match the FAA ((AOPA) airport diagram.

I manually copy and paste my .BGL files.

Re-downloading, from the link Dan provides, in this thread, gives the same results for me. NO MATCH OF SCENERY LOOKS, and still old taxiways...

As of 17:00 EDT, today, the Details Page still shows a 1.2 version ... But I also tried this version, in case only the label was old. I even refreshed my details page with CTRL+F5.

I still can spawn on the active runway, which is not automatically allowed by the actual updates we have. With KFDK, I get to spawn midfield automatically if I accidentely choose the active.

I sincerely hope that it works on somebody's side!

Gilles | CYUL | Founder of the "TANGO SQUADRON" - BVA member since July 31st 2008

Guest James Strauss

The scenery upgrade version 2.0 looks perfect on my computer, Gilles. Did you remove the earlier version .bgl files from your addonscenery? If not try that.

Thanks James, I removed the two files, and should be with the default .BGL, now ...

Where did you download from, the forums, the details page ??

Gilles | CYUL | Founder of the "TANGO SQUADRON" - BVA member since July 31st 2008

I just deleted the previous .BGL I had for KBIL in the Addon Scenery/scenery folder, then went for the Automatic install, instad of installing manually, and found a warning in a window within the Installer sequence, which I post down here. But even with this done, I do not have the same "look" shown for this airport. I still get "S" turns near RWY 25 at D ... it even shows an E sign along the D ... and double signs for B ... very strange!

Please be sure before continuing, that you have removed any previous versions of this scenery from your computer, and that no other sceneries for this airport are installed.

**Remove all former instances of this scenery from your Addon Scenery directory prior to installing this update. An Installation guide can be found in ANY of the included ReadMe files with this package.

There was a major update to the scenery program we use, and as such, our naming convention has changed. Previous versions of the scenery made prior to 2010 will have the ADE prefix (i.e. ADE_KORD_BVA). Scenery made after the new year 2010 will have the ADEX prefix (i.e. ADEX_KORD_BVA).

Be sure any previous versions of these airports, whether they have the ADE or ADEX prefix, are removed before continuing installation. More detailed instructions on removal of old scenery can be found in the airport's readme, included in the download.

Gilles, try this:

1. Navigate to C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XAddon SceneryScenery

2. Delete ALL files in this folder with "KBIL" in the file name.

3. Start up your simulator, and load KBIL default.

4. Close the sim.

5. Manually copy the two airport files from the download link above into the Addon SceneryScenery folder.

6. Restart the sim.

This should force any old scenery out, and the new scenery in. If you are still having issues getting the airport installed after that, email me.

I just confirmed that the download above gives you the right files.

Dan P.

Dan, I followed the procedure, exactly. KBIL seems OK, but I do not have the short segment of taxiway F in between A going to 10L and that closed segment of former 18 runway ... anyways, thanks for your kind help. :)