Evan Reiter

GameSpy Shutdown: An Appeal from BVA's Administrative Team

As you may already know, GameSpy has been unavailable to users since earlier this week. Users who attempted to login to GameSpy received no error message; they were simply unable to sign in.

Today, BVA is able to officially announce that the decision to discontinue GameSpy support for FSX multiplayer was made by Microsoft. Glu Mobile, the company which owns the GameSpy brand has confirmed the decision to BVA via a spokesperson.

What you should do:

Get the word about the new website out there! The more site traffic we have, the more people we can help educate about the options, including our community.

Please share the link with friends, aviation enthusiasts, and pilots! Here’s what you can do to help:

1. Visit the website. Every hit counts!

2. Post your thoughts, comments, and feedback about http://www.fsxbeyondgamespy.com on our community forums

3. Share the FSX Beyond GameSpy link on aviation and multiplayer forums like AVSIM, FlightSim.com, or post it on websites you control

4. Visit BVA’s social media pages (including Facebook) and like or share our post

5. Post the FSX Beyond GameSpy link on your own social media pages with a message about why supporting multiplayer is important to you

6. E-mail the link to friends

7. Encourage other communities you know of to use the built-in contact functionality to add their name, IP address, and web link to the site

With your help, we can help those displaced by the discontinuation of GameSpy for FSX find a new home and ensure the success of FSX multiplayer through Direct Connect!

Find more information in the Press Release e-mailed to all BVA members earlier today.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

I was out on AVSIM so I searched all the gamespy threads about it being shut down and suggested the link. Hope that helps.

Thank you Tom, amazing!

I was actually going to send you a note to ask whether you thought it would be appropriate to post on some of the simpit building forums that you frequent. I know it's not directly the right audience but at the same time I'm sure all those people are FS users and many may use an online community in one form or another.

By the way, I'm already getting requests to add communities to the list :).

Evan

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

I was out on AVSIM so I searched all the gamespy threads about it being shut down and suggested the link. Hope that helps.

Thank you Tom, amazing!

I was actually going to send you a note to ask whether you thought it would be appropriate to post on some of the simpit building forums that you frequent. I know it's not directly the right audience but at the same time I'm sure all those people are FS users and many may use an online community in one form or another.

By the way, I'm already getting requests to add communities to the list :).

Evan

Evan, I'll post on the pit builder sites that I frequent. Most of the pit builders that fly on line and post about it on those forums use VATSIM so they aren't impacted by the gamespy shutdown, but it can't hurt to post the link.

PS: Thanks Tom ( tofutwitch11 ) for catching the link typo on a couple of the AVSIM posts and fixing it.

Thanks!

Tom G.

Arguing with a pilot is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a while you begin to think the pig likes it.

https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim