Guest george bruton

Idea for a event. The BVACup

Guest george bruton

So I had a idea last night for a event that would possible get a lot of members involved.

This is a quick snapshot of the idea. If people like we can get more into it.

Basically create two teams (two airlines) members sign up who want to participate so we can create the teams. We could have team captains meet in a teamspeak session have a draft and get to pick the pilots on the teams.

The A team picks 4-6 airports to participate. Some airports clear skys others sever IMC.

The overall goal is what team can rack up the most points within the event time frame. Departures, Landings, time in route, total time. Team with the most wins.

Example being - Team 1. logs 44 flights plans but only 20 hours. Team 2. logs 30 flight plans but has 29 hours. This would be a wash as both teams win in the different category. Flight plans and flight hours.

The Challenge and where extra points come in to change the out come....

Lets say if you just fly back and forth between two airports that are clear skys each landing is worth 5pts.

But lets say you fly from BOS to a airport at minimums and land successfully it is worth 15pts. (maybe it will be such server weather like that challenge event at KACK you keep having go a rounds) This now becomes a time vs value question. Is it worth it to keep trying to land or better to divert and land at the next airport and just get the points on the board.

Also, I was thinking if you shoot a difficult approaches or non standard approaches that could be worth a extra point or something IF you do it correctly.

Overall the team would have to work together to win.

Winning team gets something on the website.

Thoughts?

Boundaries? It would be an all day thing if a bunch of your team members filled from BOS to SFO and back...

Devon Hathaway - BVATC Scenery Design  "Cross Devon at or above 4000, cleared for the ILS RWY 9R approach"

Guest george bruton

That is why I said The A team would pick the airports. Keep it in the BOS or NY area.

The Event TEAM is observing reactions and comments to this new "BVACup" suggestion! - Thanks for posting fresh ideas! ;)

Gilles | CYUL | Founder of the "TANGO SQUADRON" - BVA member since July 31st 2008

Guest Josh Watson

I like it! Sounds like good fun and a way to promote more activity on the server!

Guest Skylar Richardson

I'm down! I like the idea, but there will need to be some criteria and planning before you meeting with the event team.

Guest Peter Amato

I like this idea...seems like we could get a lot of pilots online

Guest Jonathan Asher

This seems promising! I agree though, there'd have to be many specifics and rules to make this work. But I like it.

Guest george bruton

Good response. I am glad the interest level is high. Let's see if the event team is willing to green light this idea for a event. If so I will start to work on the full layout and rules of the event.

Thoughts from the Event TEAM : integrating this idea inside our Regional Circuit weekly event would be awesome as we already do provide the airport locations, and should add alternates too.

God provides the random weather. The E-TEAM means provides wonderfully crafted GPS .PLNs. The Scenery Team provides, well, updated sceneries. ATC provides controlled airspace, and you the PILOTS will only have to register into "flying teams" along AIRLINE names.

Now, here comes the question! How do we tally the scores ... ? And, when do we crown the winners ?

I hope for some discussion with "gbruton" - the author of this BVACup idea... Please "gbruton", send your "full layout and rules" to Gilles at - [email protected]. - This idea will be brought to a near future meeting of the Administration.

All members, please keep this forums thread going with your comments ... pleasing our members always comes first! :)

Gilles | CYUL | Founder of the "TANGO SQUADRON" - BVA member since July 31st 2008

Guest george bruton

I will work on something over the next week and get it to you. I think the server would have to be reset for this event to make the weather what it needs to be.