Evan Reiter

FSX Server Intermittent Connectivity -- November 6, 2014

We are currently experiencing an intermittent connectivity issue with our FSX server. Our ISP has been engaged to help resolve the issue, and additional information will be posted here as it becomes available. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to restore normal service shortly.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

The issue has been resolved and members are once again able to connect to the FSX server. We sincerely apologize for the issue.

This is the second connectivity issue that has been caused by an internet problem at our ISP in less than a month. We will be working with them to identify the reason for the recent issues and will provide an update as soon as more information is available.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

We are continuing to investigate the issue that occurred last night to determine if we can identify a cause on our end or at the ISP. At this point, it is most likely that the issue was caused by networking congestion between BVA and our server, meaning that it was entirely out of the control of us or the ISP. I'm working with the ISP to confirm that as the cause. If that is the case, last night's outage will be unrelated to the previous two outages that occurred on November 2 and October 19.

BVA strives to provide 100% uptime on our server but networking issues are inherently difficult to manage, and impossible to avoid. In most cases, a networking issue must be allowed to 'run its course' and typically lasts less than a few minutes. Unfortunately, those types of issues often mean that members lose connection to the server and must re-start their flights. We also do our best to post updates on the forums, our social media pages, and in FlightDesk/Live ATIS whenever an outage occurs.

We appreciate our members' support, understanding, and patience, particularly given the number of recent incidents.

I will post another update when I receive more information from our ISP.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

Unfortunately we have just had another instance of intermittent FSX connectivity that, though brief, disconnected approximately 10 pilots mid-flight this evening. Once again, the issue is outside of our control and we will need to rely on our ISP to resolve these types of issues. I will communicate with them again tomorrow and post any additional information I receive.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

We seemed to have another intermittent connectivity issue this evening with some pilots loosing connection for about 5-10 seconds. We are continuing to engage our ISP to investigate this problem and will post here with any new information we receive.

We had another incident again tonight at approximately 12:50am ET. Fortunately there were just a few pilots airborne at the time.

Clearly, the issue of temporary outages is continuing to pose problems for our operations. We are awaiting word on the ISP as to the cause of the issues. Resolving connectivity issues and ensuring server connectivity is the top priority for our administrators.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team