Guest Jason Herman

KBOS Tower v5.0 sector file

Guest Jason Herman

The vZBW Staff is pleased to announce the public release of the KBOS Tower v5.0 sector file. This new sector file is a completely new ground-up build using data from multiple real-world sources. These sources include the FAA's USFIF database, 7 yard level satellite imagery of Boston Logan, NOAA Coastline datum, and the currently published Boston VFR TAC.

This new sector file incorporates actual airfield markings, terminal buildings, jetways and other major airfield facilities. All of these features can be selectively displayed by the controller from the [sID] area of the Diagrams menu. Also included are (actual) real-world video maps found in the Diagrams menu [sTAR] area for each of the runway configurations used at Boston as well as the recognized Helicopter Routes and a diagram of the LOGAN4 departure routes. All of the primary visual reporting points identified on the Boston VFR TAC are included.

There are two versions of the file - one is a full-color version using a distinct but muted colorbase that follows airfield marking standards yet allows for easy target acquisition; the second is a pseudo ASDE version that uses various shades of green for all of its display graphics.

You will have to unzip the file as both files are combined in the zip file. The actual files are approximately 4MB each and are both VRC and ASRC compatible; however, for use in ASRC, you will need to rename the file extension from .sct2 to .sct. NOTE: ASRC will not display many of the advanced features used in these files such as static labels and colored regions. If demand warrants it, a solely ASRC compatible version may be produced.

Please join me in thanking MS, RE, CO, PB, and the others who contributed to the creation of the new file.

Last of all...Enjoy!

Guest amusselman

Very good work guys. Saw screenshots of this on the VRC forum and was really looking forward to it.

Fantastic work! I'll definitely be using these in my tower/ground profiles.

Might I suggest using regions for the TDZ markers? Might look a bit better than using just lines to try to fill them in. If you want to cater to both ASRC and VRC users, you could of course keep the lines as you have them, as well as using regions.

Guest mstram

Greetings,

What if any software was used to create the sector files?

I'd like to create a similarly detailed file for CYYZ, ... and other airports  but don't really want to enter every taxiway / building coordinate manually ;)

Mike

Guest Rodger Johnson

Just to let you guys know. the link to download it doesnt work for me.

-Rodger

Guest Will Stewart

Take a look at the date, the beginning of the post is almost two years old. It's in the bigger download.

Guest Rodger Johnson

O im sorry. haha I thought it was brand new.

Feel kinda stupid lol.

-Rodger

Guest Kevin Smith

Went to go download no workie!  ???