Guest marshallk53

Ideas for Future Events

Guest marshallk53

I just noticed that the next Domestic Journey is a flight between KSTL & KBNA. I got to thinking that BVA doesn't have enough midwest or even a bunch of inland routes for the events. All of the Regional Circuits and Domestic Journeys have been either all on the coast or just a "RC" route already been done by BVA in the past. I mean, Hawaii, Florida, So Cal, New York, Las Vegas, not to mention Boston have all been pretty popular places for BVA. I know I have left out a few examples, but I just get tired sometimes of all the same things. Like, we should have an event in say... Texas? Minnesota? Nebraska? Wyoming? Kansas? Mossouri? Tennessee? Georgia? Louisiana? North Carolina?... I'd like to see the whole U.S. rather than visiting the same places. I don't think we have ever had an event and if so only one or two ever in any of these states. Although, I have noticed that the next RC is between KTUL and KOKC and the Pack the Pattern is at KLAS. I'm happy about that, but I'd just like to see more events take place in different places. Just to be clear, I am not complaining AT ALL... I'm just giving some ideas about how I think we could make BVA better. Sometimes I just feel a little claustrophobic flying in ZBW airspace all the time. ;) Thanks for your time!

Guest xFlight36x

Why not an event in a airport with props only?

Guest Anonymous
Why not an event in a airport with props only?

That is basically a fly in, although many do fly jet aircraft. Restricting BVA members to certain aircraft is not what BVA is about, I believe Evan has discussed this before. I agree with the OP, it would be nice to see some diffrent places.

Guest marshallk53

Yeah ,allowing only small GA aircraft probably isn't the best idea. But I did come up with another good idea... I think. We could have almost like mini Getaways i guess. Like just one event and one evening we could have a 4-airport regional circuit. Two airports could be small GA only airports with maybe 3,000 to 4,000 ft runways or so... The other two could be larger airports for airliners etc... There could be a Tower controller at all 4 airports with an approach controller at each of the larger airports not for only GA. That way, there aren't too many controller spots to fill, but it would still work because the GA airports won't see as much traffic as the larger ones. Then, of course, there could be a center. That's a total of 7 controllers participating in one event... No more controllers than the amount of controllers participating in any other normal Regional Circuit event or Domestic Journey. This kind of event would be appealing to all sorts of pilots flying airliners or just GA. I think this could be something that would fit in to BVA quite nicely... Is this a good idea???

Guest Anonymous

Seem like a good idea to me, im trying to think of the flaws to it but my brain is 'mush' at the moment.

I tend to pick Regional Circuit events that I've seen to be popular and those apparently tend to be along the coasts. However, as I've said in a number of places on the forums, you can request Rc destinations and those will be picked up and added to the schedule. Why don't you pick some airports that are 70-150nm apart, each with 7,000'+ runways, and post the pairs here? I'll add them in to our list of upcoming events.

We've tried a tri-city Regional Circuit before and it really didn't go well; two of the airports were somewhat busy and the other one didn't get much. But the traffic was dispersed enough that we really didn't get a critical mass anywhere.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

Guest marshallk53
I tend to pick Regional Circuit events that I've seen to be popular and those apparently tend to be along the coasts. However, as I've said in a number of places on the forums, you can request Rc destinations and those will be picked up and added to the schedule. Why don't you pick some airports that are 70-150nm apart, each with 7,000'+ runways, and post the pairs here? I'll add them in to our list of upcoming events.

We've tried a tri-city Regional Circuit before and it really didn't go well; two of the airports were somewhat busy and the other one didn't get much. But the traffic was dispersed enough that we really didn't get a critical mass anywhere.

Awesome!

KICT (Wichita) & KTUL (Tulsa) --126 nm

KPDX (Portland, OR) & KSEA (Seattle) --123 nm

KMSY (New Orleans) & KMOB (Mobile) --119 nm

KTYS (Knoxville, TN) & KATL (Atlanta) --143 nm

KGTF (Great Falls, MT) & KMSO (Missoula, MT) --118 nm

KSPI (Springfield, IL) & KSTL (St. Louis) --73 nm

KGSO (Greensboro, NC) & KAVL (Asheville, NC) --136 nm

These are just a few routes that I could come up with that I would be happy to fly. They all have at least a 7,000 ft runway and are within the distance range. I'm not expecting for you to add all of these routes to the list... I don't want to be selfish and demanding or anything. Just have a look at them and see what you think... Thanks Evan!

KICT (Wichita) & KTUL (Tulsa) --126 nm

KPDX (Portland, OR) & KSEA (Seattle) --123 nm

KMSY (New Orleans) & KMOB (Mobile) --119 nm

KTYS (Knoxville, TN) & KATL (Atlanta) --143 nm

KGTF (Great Falls, MT) & KMSO (Missoula, MT) --118 nm

KSPI (Springfield, IL) & KSTL (St. Louis) --73 nm

KGSO (Greensboro, NC) & KAVL (Asheville, NC) --136 nm

All of these routes have been added to the list except for KSEA/KPDX since it's already there twice and will be a candidate for the Getaway Rc to that area.

For what it's worth, we have featured KTUL, KICT, KPDX, KSEA, KATL, KGTF, KMSO, and KSTL in past events. However, I think all of the route pairings you have here except for KPDX/KSEA are new. I have a list going of 50+ Regional Circuits because the scenery design team needs some lead-time in determining which airports require updates. You probably won't see the first of these new routes for the next month or so, but I will sprinkle them in with the others.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

Guest marshallk53

Awesome! I appreciate it Evan