Guest Jonathan Asher

Regional Circuit Idea??

Guest Jonathan Asher

Hey guys,

Down here in Florida, we don't get much traffic (in the server at least)... for a regional circuit, how about KPBI (Palm Beach Intl) - KTPA/KMCO? Or possibly KFLL to Tampa or Orlando? It'd be pretty cool to fly to one of my home airports, as I never usually get to (of course there is free flight, and the crappy atc). Also, KPBI has some similarities to KBDL, so some pilots and controllers could try and relate to it. I appreciate the responses in advance!

-Jon

KTPA/KPBI is a bit longer than I'd like to see in most circuit events but I will happily add it to the list. Unfortunately we won't get to it before the Getaway.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

Guest Lucas Kaelin

What about a business jet type regional... BCT-EYW?

I believe Boca is under MIA_A.

Guest Jonathan Asher
What about a business jet type regional... BCT-EYW?

I believe Boca is under MIA_A.

All of the biz jets fly to BCT, I actually live 10 miles from the airport. Pretty cool GPS approach I believe, that'd be pretty cool.

Guest Brandon Carter

You can do some awesome plane spotting at KBCT. Plus, there is a great restaurant on Airport Road (Bogarts if I remember correctly?), as well as a movie theatre and a Boomers.

The VFR stuff at BCT is also pretty cool, and they have their own noise abatement procedures during the nocturnal hours, which you can see at:

http://www.bocaairport.com/noise-abate-procedures.shtml

Guest Jonathan Asher
You can do some awesome plane spotting at KBCT. Plus, there is a great restaurant on Airport Road (Bogarts if I remember correctly?), as well as a movie theatre and a Boomers.

Don't remember the restaurant, but I used to sit on top of the SUV in the Boomers parking lot watching some Gulfstreams, and occasionally the P180... you never know what you're gonna see in Boca.

P.S. The F.A.U. campus just East of the field is building an enormous football stadium, interesting view from the cockpit I bet...

Guest Yun Chase
....BCT, I actually live 10 miles from the airport.....

Then you might recognize some of these landmarks... I rented a 172 and flew around Miami Beach back in 2008... :D

[youtube:qzkrsyuy]

[/youtube:qzkrsyuy]
Guest Jonathan Asher

Hmmm, I don't go to Miami too often, but I do recognize the area. Also, I'm at Landshark stadium (aka worst baseball attendance in history) like 20 times per year. That must have been summer time when you went...

Guest Gary Fender

I liked the Anchorage to Bold during the Alaska Getaway. A bunch of guys took off from Anchorage at night and landed on that gravel strip in Alaska. I'd like to do a three grass airport tail dragger circuit.

Guest Lucas Kaelin
I liked the Anchorage to Bold during the Alaska Getaway. A bunch of guys took off from Anchorage at night and landed on that gravel strip in Alaska. I'd like to do a three grass airport tail dragger circuit.

We called this a VFR Challenge event. Since it draws away from ATC, we try not to do it when controllers are online, especially during an event. There is a BOS area one in the works, I think we're waiting on Vince (NWTech) to get with us for a time.