Evan Reiter

FlightSimExpo 2021: September 24-26, San Diego (and Online)

On February 11, FlightSimExpo published the initial version of its 2021 event schedule and opened registration to in-person and online-only attendees. The event is currently scheduled for September 24-26, 2021 in San Diego.

FlightSimExpo has traditionally been BVA’s biggest member meet-up of the year. This year, we’ll plan to support both components of the event. In-person attendees will still get the “meet-up” experience of years past, while we’re planning pilot-focused events in the local area for members who will be participating remotely.

If you’re thinking about attending the event in-person or participating in the online show, please register and list “BVA” as your “Organization/Affiliation”.

We'll keep this forum thread up-to-date with announcements from the event. We also welcome BVA members to use this thread to ask any questions about the on-site or online experiences.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

Based on feedback from prospective exhibitors and media partners, we're planning to re-schedule FlightSimExpo to September (the tentative dates are September 24-26, pending hotel availability). I'll post again once the new dates are confirmed, likely in about 2-3 weeks from now.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

...and the new dates are confirmed: September 24-26, 2021

If you have already registered for the event, we will be transferring your registration and hotel room information automatically. If you booked any other travel (e.g., airfare, car, etc.), make sure to update it accordingly! (Note that it will take a few days for the Delta/Southwest/WestJet deals to get updated.)

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

For some months, it's felt like we've all been "going through the motions" for FlightSimExpo. 2020 is canceled. 2021 is postponed to September. Will vaccines be effective? Will they open California? Will exhibitors come...

Well, finally, it's starting to feel like the run-up to a show again. Tomorrow, we're going to announce the first 25+ confirmed sponsors and exhibitors, all of whom plan to attend in person. And while we know a September FlightSimExpo is a little unusual, I know our first pilot and controller community get-together in more than two years is going to be memorable. I finally booked by own flights a few days ago. BVA members are encouraged to fly in on Thursday (September 23) to help with setup on Friday morning and take part in Captains' Corner during the afternoon.

For those who haven't been part of this show in the past, Boston Virtual ARTCC members have always played a huge part in helping Phil and me pull off the event. From helping with setup to managing registration to holding doors and guarding the drink tickets, we've relied on members from the community to make FlightSimExpo a reality. We look forward to doing the same again this year! As we look for volunteers to assist with the event, BVA is always our first point of call. 

As a BVA member, use the code "BVA" to save 10% on your FlightSimExpo registration (or, if you're an FSA Captain, redeem a code through FSA to save 20%), and don't forget to list "BVA" as your Organization. By doing so, you can help BVA secure free exhibitor space at the show. Last year, we were able to donate two full booths to VATSIM. Our pilots and controllers took part in VATUSA's display of flying and controlling. Let's do it again this year! 

Want to know more? Ask me, send me a message, or you can join our YouTube Live Q&A on Monday night (9:30pm ET / 6:30pm PT) where we'll be answering community questions. 

It's been two years, and that's far too long. I look forward to seeing you in San Diego.

image.png.0f4c229585059fa6be8ee10b17992e7b.png

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team