Guest Brandon Carter

European Tour Reference Material

Guest Brandon Carter

BVA's European Tour is this Saturday, July 9th!!

This tutorial video, that was also included in the Logan Informer, will provide you with an overview of flying in the event and some of the U.K. Phraseology specific to the event.

You can view the video in HD up to 1080p at the following link, or watch it embedded below:

[youtube:2aiq4lmn]

[/youtube:2aiq4lmn]
Perhaps a cheat sheet with US meaning translated to UK. for the simple stuff.... that way you can print it out and have it next to you or something for quick refrence.

Phraseology Quick Reference Guide.pdf[/attachment:a6ahnuyd]

A huge thanks to Claudio (Cpais) who created this document, along with Pierre (Pierul) and Josh (TheNavyReapers) for review.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

Guest Bailey Battles

What does stand 17 mean in The Phraseology Quick Reference Guide. It is under the VFR example on the last page.

Thank you.

Guest Claudio Pais
What does stand 17 mean in The Phraseology Quick Reference Guide. It is under the VFR example on the last page.

Basically an aircraft parking spot, like a gate.

Although usually, in a light GA, when calling ATC, they would usually state their position, i.e

Redhill ground, G-EZLP is type Cessna 172, at parking by the south hangars, request start.

Stick with the guide, it removes ambiguity between what is "correct" and what pilots actually do.

Guest Bailey Battles

Thank you. I will try my best to figure out what parking I'm in XD.