Guest capecrusade

The curent getaway. (From July 22,31)

Guest capecrusade

Is it just me or is there a very big shortage of controllers for this event?

p.s seemed a little long.

I think that Getaways are made to provide more time for pilots to fly the many routes BVATC provides for more than once. Controllers can take a break and we fly on UNICOM (122.95). There was still a Rc on Tuesday July 26 at peak hours and the UALR flew inside the Getaway on Thursday July 28.

You are right finding time to be long without ATC regular coverage, but we are encouraged to fly the Getaway in a more relaxed mode and get used to UNICOM procedures.

Gilles | CYUL | Founder of the "TANGO SQUADRON" - BVA member since July 31st 2008

Is it just me or is there a very big shortage of controllers for this event?

p.s seemed a little long.

This getaway was normal length (a week - 9 days), we've had longer (Alaska was ten days, I think). Sometimes the new airspace etc is a hastle for the controllers so they'd rather take a step back and fly. Some of us (me) are just homesick and want to get back to Boston!

Logo_zpscwwfv59t.png

Tom G.

FSExpo Liaison

[email protected]

www.bvartcc.com

Did you know that there was recent independent study in which pilots and controllers alike were asked which TRACON they preferred? Can you guess what they, the people, the pilots, the controllers and the community voted as their favourite? That's right! non other than New York! Of course, Boston still managed to skirt by with about half as many votes as New York. If you meant Boston, then surely this should change your mind! :D

Index:

Poll

31. Which TRACON (approach airspace) is your favorite? [June 26, 2011]

a) Boston: 19%

b) Cape: 24%

c) Portland: 6%

d) Bradley: 6%

e) Albany: 0%

f) Burlington: 4%

g) Bangor: 1%

h) Syracuse: 0%

i) New York: 37%

j) Providence: 3%

Total Responses: 68

Logo_zpscwwfv59t.png

Tim Brett (BE)

ZBW S3

Guest Claudio Pais

LOL Tim you never shut up about that.

:P

Guest Yun Chase
Did you know that there was recent independent study in which pilots and controllers alike were asked which TRACON they preferred? Can you guess what they, the people, the pilots, the controllers and the community voted as their favourite? That's right! non other than New York! Of course, Boston still managed to skirt by with about half as many votes as New York. If you meant Boston, then surely this should change your mind! :D

Index:

Poll

31. Which TRACON (approach airspace) is your favorite? [June 26, 2011]

a) Boston: 19%

b) Cape: 24%

c) Portland: 6%

d) Bradley: 6%

e) Albany: 0%

f) Burlington: 4%

g) Bangor: 1%

h) Syracuse: 0%

i) New York: 37%

j) Providence: 3%

Total Responses: 68

Yeah, but look at the numbers again... Consider what you have for Cape, Portland, Bradley, Burlington, and Providence... All of those are adjoining with or closer to Boston than NY... sure PVD and BDL are also attached to NY but if you split those two in half... then you still have more people wanting to stay near Boston than NY! :D

If you were to ask which ARTCC you would favor... I'm willing to bet most would say Boston than NY Center... ;)

(And yes... I live in Boston... :roll: )

Did you know that there was recent independent study in which pilots and controllers alike were asked which TRACON they preferred?

If you were to ask which ARTCC you would favor... I'm willing to bet most would say Boston than NY Center... ;)

Good point. Let's ask that next week...followed by "which non-ZBW ARTCC would you most like to see staffed more often?"

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team