Evan Reiter

Your Thoughts on BVA's High Five (+30) Event

This week's Poll Question (found on our homepage) asks what you thought about our High Five (+30) event concept. While in previous years we have staffed up a large airspace for several hours at a time, we changed things up this year, staffing different airports heavily throughout the week in conjunction with regular events, and then topped off the week with 30 Hours of ATC. This concept has the advantages of spreading out traffic over the course of several days, minimizing the possibility of technical issues and giving more people the opportunity to participate. However, it also meant that we didn't see the concentration (50+ pilots) in the server that we might have were the event one day only.

Please share your thoughts on the event, and how we could change it next year.

If you aren't familiar with the concept of the event or didn't get to participate, you can view information on the event homepage at: http://www.bostonvirtualatc.com/dnn/HighFive.aspx.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

Guest george bruton

I think the spread over the week was great and obviously allowed for more opportunities to fly. The 30hrs of center was awesome and love being able to fly at 2am. The only two suggestions I would have is 1. Possible time slots when a event gets really busy. DCA to BOS was a little crazy on the C/D level we everyone jumping on each other. 2. Maybe a event that is not a normal event for us so it makes the week extra unique...one of the events a member suggest like the missed approach or something.

Guest Robert Martin

In my opinion, the BVA staff nailed it perfectly. They assembled what was an amazing turnout for the entire week and suprisingly we had no errors (from what I saw) in the server. I've been here for a couple of Tea Parties ( 3 i can remember) and have seen times when there were more controllers on than pilots. BVA has come a long way. Special shout out to Evan for his continued dedication. Trust me when I say, without his service to us, we wouldn't be where we are today.

Happy Birthday BVA and many thanks to all the controllers and dedicated pilots.

Special shout out to Evan for his continued dedication. Trust me when I say, without his service to us, we wouldn't be where we are today.

The shout out should go to everyone on the A-Team, as well as the controllers that helped make this happen.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team