Guest Felix Harrison

Weekly Regional Circuit

Guest Felix Harrison

The regional circuit is my favourite event at BVATC and I'm always proud to attend any event. The problem for me is that I am 14 hours ahead of Eastern Time as I am on Australian Eastern time :P . This makes it impossible for me to attend many BVATC events unless they are on Friday or Saturday :cry: I was just wondering if the admin team would be kind enough to consider rescheduling the regional circuit once a month or more frequently to Friday or Saturday night. I speak on behalf of the members abroad, who can't make the regional circuit as well as Americans and Canadians who can't make the regional circuit because it is on a week day. This would enable the community to stay more connected with a more active involvement. Btw I was born in New York :D.

Thanks for considering my request,

Felix {Vengie}

Guest Lucas Kaelin

For our European crowd there's a midday regional circuit, always on the day of the RC starting sometime between noon and 2pm. With 14hrs advance, participating in any event that isn't on a weekend is sure to be difficult. You're not the only one who misses out on events, because of my work schedule I can almost never make events on weekends, and am happy there is an RC every Tuesday night on my day off.

I was just wondering if the admin team would be kind enough to consider rescheduling the regional circuit once a month or more frequently to Friday or Saturday night.

We do make a point of running "Double Play" events occasionally -- probably not quite once a month -- on Friday evenings. Usually when we don't it's because we forget -- so send me a reminder PM in FlightDesk if you don't see at least one double play on the schedule. ChrisOlmstead take note: we'll repeat our July 31 KATL/KJAX event on Friday, August 3 from 8-11pm ET (in addition to the Tuesday night). With the Pack the Pattern on Thursday at KBIL, that should be a fun week!

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

Guest Felix Harrison

Ok that is fantastic, I will look out for the double plays. Thanks for the quick replies too!

Regards,

Felix

We had very low traffic (barely broke 20 pilots) during the Rc today. We'll probably re-consider whether we continue to do Regional Circuit events on Friday nights (11 pilots online with 7 controllers at 9:45pm ET). Opinions?

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

Guest Brandon Carter
We had very low traffic (barely broke 20 pilots) during the Rc today. We'll probably re-consider whether we continue to do Regional Circuit events on Friday nights (11 pilots online with 7 controllers at 9:45pm ET). Opinions?

How many other RCs have taken place on Friday evenings? I think there have only been a couple, which were pretty good, but I don't know the dates or the numbers.

We've also had some Tuesdays with relatively small traffic levels, so it could have just been a fluke.

Guest Lucas Kaelin

Even though I know we are all geeks there are other things to consider:

Summer time and no school

Friday nights are typically date nights

Olympics are on

ATL & JAX isn't appealing to all pilots

Doing a repeat of the RC just 3 days after the first one provides opportunity for those who missed it, but who want's to fly it again, especially if it wasn't very challenging in the first place

The higher Re-Run RC's I think did better as they were bad wx RC as well maybe?

Guest Joseph Marcoux

I agree with shyflyguy. Friday's are kind of hard to get most people to decide to sit on the computer as opposed to a regular Tuesday night. And doing the same RC as Tuesday probably didn't help. I know I haven't made it to one in some time due to my schedule (they start at 2am here), but I do see doing one occasionally on Friday's at some place a little more "exotic" which we don't normally do except for getaways and with a little more skill involved such as bad weather to test our skills a little more regularly would probably have a better turn-out.