Guest James Strauss

REAGAN NATIONAL/ NORFOLK RC - Aug. 21, 12

Guest James Strauss

Nice participation tonight in the DCA/ORF RC. Not sure how things went at DCA, but I had a blast working Ground at Norfolk, with "Den-Den" working TWR, and "Undercoverbros22" working Clearance Delivery. For a while, I was so confused over whether to call my TWR controller Den.... Den..... or Den-Den. Nonetheless, we had a good time, and the pilot participation was awesome. You guys are so professional you make it easy to be a controller.

Wish I could have tried that River Visual at DCA and greased it just like "Chickie88" in his video... right... (that should be considered cheating using that HUD.) But, I admit, I'd have it on as well if I could. If you haven't seen "Chickie's" video, look it up, it's evidence of the kind of flying BVA pilots are capable of.... unless you're extremely challenged like me.

About midway through the RC tonight "Undercoverbros22" took this screenshot of "All FlightPlans" on FD. Check it out: http://i.imgur.com/RgOp0.png

Nice!!! We counted 25 active plans at one point.

Hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as I did.

Wish I could have tried that River Visual at DCA and greased it just like "Chickie88" in his video... right... (that should be considered cheating using that HUD.) But, I admit, I'd have it on as well if I could. If you haven't seen "Chickie's" video, look it up, it's evidence of the kind of flying BVA pilots are capable of.... unless you're extremely challenged like me.

You wouldn't have had the chance. The bad weather at DCA (at one point down to 1 1/4 visibility with 2000-ish RVR's) precluded our use of the River Visual and we were stuck with ILS 1 all night.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

Guest Jonathan Asher

Undercoverbros is also using Internet explorer in that screenshot, which is not good. Wish I was there for that event :/