Evan Reiter

msFlights.net Cross-Community Flight

Wanted to let everyone here know that one of our fellow multiplayer communities, msFlights.net, is holding its second Cross-Community Flight on Saturday, July 6 at 3pm ET. In this event, members from multiple FSX communities gather on one server for a VFR (uncontrolled) flight across several airports. Thanks to our work with FSX Beyond GameSpy, BVA has been invited to participate.

This is BVA's first Cross-Community Flight and as such the A-Team will be checking it out before we make it a part of our official rotation. That being said, I encourage as many BVA members as possible to join me in the event. It will be hosted on the server and TeamSpeak of the Eastern Hops community.

As you know, BVA plays an important role in the multiplayer community. Working together with other flight simulation communities helps strengthen the world of multiplayer and lets us (as individuals) make some connections with users we otherwise wouldn't be able to connect with. I strongly encourage you to join in the event with me to see what it's all about!

Please view the link below for details:

http://msflights.net/forum/showthread.p ... -6-3pm-EDT)

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

Guest Nathan McGuire

It seems like a little much asking us all to fly the default baron.....

Guest Lucas Kaelin

I stopped when I saw it was going to be CANADIAN airspace type flying.... they said likely Toronto, which isn't as Canadian as Montreal, but not of much interest to me...

tumblr_m8k7pplE0K1rdw4pko1_400.gif

Actually I'll be doing the day job during the event.

I think it's a good idea to get a flight going with a lot of the FSX communities. I just think there could be some changes. For example, as it has been brought up before, is why do we have to fly the same planes? I might ask then if I can fly my handy dandy C206.

Hopefully it's obvious that I'm not part of the decision-making on the flight plan or aircraft type.

Presumably you can ask the group when we all get together about flying to different airports or different aircraft types but in my opinion the purpose of the event is more about connecting with other flight simulation communities than it is about the flying itself. For that reason, I'm not planning to include "BVA" anywhere in my login name.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team