Evan Reiter

Poll: Would You Like to Extend the SoCal Getaway?

A few people have approached me about extending the SoCal Getaway so they can continue to enjoy the new airspace for a few extra days. Please let us know what you think about extending the getaway...the decision (based on this poll) will be made around 11pm ET. Happy voting!

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

Honestly, I really did not enjoy the SoCal getaway. Our normal traffic levels have been far down below normal, leaving controllers bored. I really do not want to stay in SoCal much longer. Sorry. Lets Go Home :-)

Logo_zpscwwfv59t.png

Tom G.

FSExpo Liaison

[email protected]

www.bvartcc.com

Guest Bradley Dill

At first well actually through last night I did not care for this particular getaway. I thought about it a little more and voted "yes" to stay for some time. I had a lot of fun flying my Cirrus up the coast and would love to stay for some more time.

Brad - Topgun268

Guest Anonymous
Our normal traffic levels have been far down below normal
Although it may be that this is due to the getaway, I highly doubt it... I think that the traffic levels have more to do with the timing than the event. but who knows
Although it may be that this is due to the getaway, I highly doubt it... I think that the traffic levels have more to do with the timing than the event. but who knows

Well, I still think it is time to go back to Boston. Maybe next time it will do better....

Logo_zpscwwfv59t.png

Tom G.

FSExpo Liaison

[email protected]

www.bvartcc.com

Guest chuck

yarg... my $.02 is that some new charts, new routes, new scenery, flying in daylight etc is good. personally, I've flown the heck out of the KBOS airspace and would even prefer to see a rotation to new a new airspace every two weeks. I think the getaway's should last two weeks, then back to ZBW/ZNY for two weeks, then off to a new rotation for the next two weeks after that. keeps it fresh. keeps it challenging.

Guest Matt Robbins

I agree. You have no idea how the Boston airspace can get boreing for pilots sometimes. I have to admit i love the SoCal area, even though i have heared that it has been visited for alot of getaways. I however have NOT been on as much as i would like to becuase of certian events going on. Its is very well a timing issue. Just to give you a perspective from a pilots that hasnt been flying in the getaway that often.

Well, according to the session statistics page I have put about 10 hours into the SoCal getaway controlling. I have handled a total of 29 flight plans. That is an average of 2.9 flight plans per hour. Fifteen of my 29 strips came from a three hour session at LAX..Leaving 7 hours with just 14 flight plans in total. But, that is just me...

Logo_zpscwwfv59t.png

Tom G.

FSExpo Liaison

[email protected]

www.bvartcc.com

The majority has spoken...and the SoCal Getaway has been extended through to October 22 (this Friday will be our last day in SoCal this year). I'm locking the topic because it's the only way I can find to actually stop allowing people to respond to the poll without deleting it altogether.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team