Evan Reiter

[June 12-14, 2020] FlightSimExpo

Save the date! FlightSimExpo 2020 will be held on June 12-14 at Tropicana Las Vegas. As was the case in 2019, a limited number advance registration tickets will be available for just $50 (increasing to $80 once these are sold out).

You can join the FSExpo mailing list to be notified when tickets go on sale later this year.

For more information about FSExpo 2020, check out this recent FSElite article or visit FlightSimExpo online or on social media.

Boston Virtual ARTCC is a proud supporter of FlightSimExpo, and many of our members volunteer with the conference each year. We look forward to seeing you in Vegas!

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

FlightSimExpo, North America’s largest flight simulation and aviation conference, takes place on June 12-14, 2020 at Tropicana Las Vegas. In addition to a great show, it’s also the biggest BVA member meet-up of the year.

This forum thread has been created as a central place for updates on the event. We'll be posting here when registration opens and as more information becomes available for how BVA members can get involved. 

Since the show’s inception, BVA members have played an integral role in FlightSimExpo. The conference is managed by BVA members and volunteers. In addition, a select group of our members has volunteered on-site in support of the show. BVA members also represent VATSIM through the VATUSA Display Team, fly and control from the show floor, and hang out for meals and other activities surrounding the event.

If you are thinking about joining the community at FlightSimExpo 2020 in Las Vegas, you can book your hotel room now at www.flightsimexpo.com. On the website, you’ll also find information about airfare and ground transportation discounts for attendees. Advance Registration tickets to attend the event go on sale for just $50 later this month. 

This year, FlightSimExpo will be selecting individuals to volunteer in support of the conference. In past years, volunteers have managed on-site registration, helped with on-site logistics, and provided assistance to attendees of the show. A call for volunteers will be shared within the community as the event approaches.

For more information about the event, visit www.flightsimexpo.com.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

FlightSimExpo is launching Advance Registration later this week! However, BVA members are able to register now, before the link becomes public to the wider simulation community. For the first 200 attendees, registration is just $50, which includes Saturday and Sunday attendance, a free EAA membership, drinks and appetizers, and much more.

To register now, visit https://www.eiseverywhere.com/flightsimexpo and use the coupon code "BVA". The code helps track BVA members who register for the event and allows our community to get free exhibit space for the VATUSA Display Team. 

This year, we're using a new registration platform designed to help with the on-site check-in experience. The main benefit to using the new system is that badges will be printed on-site as people check-in rather than having to be done in advance. If you experience any issues while registering, please let us know, either here via the forums or by email at [email protected]

Please note the registration system is fully live and FlightSimExpo's Terms & Conditions apply ($25 fee for refunds, within 88 days of purchase only). So only register now if you're sure you'll be attending. Once the Advance Registration tickets sell out, Standard Registration will be available for $80 for the weekend, with single day options also available.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

Advance Registration for FlightSimExpo 2020 is now open to the public. Based on the initial response, we expect the discounted $50 tickets to sell out tonight or tomorrow. Once sold out, Standard Registration will be available for $80 for both days, with single-day options also available. 

FlightSimExpo is North America's community-driven flight simulation conference...and BVA's biggest meet-up of the year. If you've already made plans to attend the event, you can register now for just $50! Register at www.flightsimexpo.com/register

To help with tracking and community event planning, use coupon code BVA and list your Organization as Boston Virtual ARTCC when you register.

Advance Registration for FlightSimExpo, available for the first 200 attendees, includes two-day event access, seminars, drinks and appetizers, and a free, 6-month Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) membership.

As in past years, BVA will be out in full force. Whether volunteering for the show, simming together, or enjoying drinks and dinners after hours, Expo weekend has become an annual tradition for many of our members.

For more information, visit www.flightsimexpo.com.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

Guest Chris Armstrong

I'd like to know if this event is worth attending. I live in CT and so the cost to attend would be considerable with flight, hotel and car. In 2017, I attended the FlightSimCon at KBDL and loved it. Of course, that was really close to home. Would I see much of the same at this event? I wouldn't plan on buying any sim hardware as I'm holding out to invest in the upcoming version of MS Flight Simulator in 2020 (I'm afraid that might take a new PC to run, lol :)). I do enjoy the opportunity to meet fellow simmers and catch up on the latest in the flight sim world. I'm interested in your thoughts, particularly if you've attended the event in the past.

Hi Chris ... obviously I'm biased (being one of the co-founders of this event) but I think you'll find the experience in Vegas to be bigger, better, and all around more fun (but very similar in theme) than what we did back in CT. To give you a bit of a sense of the event, we put together a quick video with some clips and interviews from attendees (see below).

Perhaps some of the other BVA members who have attended this (or both) event(s) in the past can comment on their experiences. 

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

Like Evan said, it's a great way to meetup and enjoy a weekend of "nerding out" with your fellow BVA members. Personally, with the ability to share a room, and the Vegas airfare being more reasonable than most other cities, I think this year's event is a great opportunity to attend. Even if you don't plan on buying anything, there's a ton of developer seminars, booths, and contests you can experience while there. Also, if you want to get involved, a really fun way to get involved with the event is to volunteer during the event (some people do it only part of the time).

Hey Chris,

I understand the conundrum you have about your decision. Last year I traveled to FSExpo in Orlando from California. It cost me quite the pretty penny. However I will say it was worth every single one. Being able to ask developers and such questions directly and being able to talk face to face was great. Being able to try out all the new hardware was worthwhile. I’m more into DCS now than P3D so being able to try both HOTAS joysticks prior to spending the big coin was definitely worth the money spent going to EXPO. 

I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised with your experience if you go. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out. 

Edited by Chris Raabe
Guest Chris Armstrong

Thanks everyone for your responses. I don't go to any other conferences during the year so I think this one would be a lot of fun, especially since I enjoy the hobby and would love to ask developers where they plan to position themselves with the new MS Flight Simulator coming out. I'll let you guys know what I decide.

Chris,

The other guys touched well on the reasons for attending the Expo. And they are on the money. But, there is another reason to attend. After the conference ends for the day, Its VEGAS, baby. 

Are you joining us at FlightSimExpo 2020?

Boston Virtual ARTCC is a founding partner of FlightSimExpo, North America’s community-driven flight simulation conference. In addition to being the largest flight simulation show on the continent, Expo is also the biggest member meet-up of the year.

Like last year, BVA will be exhibiting at the show in partnership with VATSIM. Our community’s controllers will be providing air traffic control live from the event and pilots are welcome to bring their simulator setups to the show too.

Want to get a sense of what Expo is like for BVA members? Check out articles in the 2019 and 2018 Logan Informers for recaps and pictures.

FlightSimExpo 2020 takes place on June 12-14 at Tropicana Las Vegas. Most members arrive on Thursday, June 11 and leave on that Sunday or Monday.

Many of our members are also asked by FlightSimExpo to volunteer with the conference. As a result,  several of us will spend parts of the weekend preparing materials, assisting with check-in and registration, directing attendee traffic, and supporting the show. (In exchange, last year, the conference provided thank you gifts, a free dinner, and an open bar on Saturday night!)  

To join us at the show, register at www.flightsimexpo.com/register using the code “BVA” (also list “Boston Virtual ARTCC” as your Organization/Affiliation). Registration is just $80, which includes all-weekend event access, a goodie bag, drinks and appetizers, a 6-month EAA membership, and more.

To view the full schedule and see the list of more than 45 confirmed exhibitors, visit www.flightsimexpo.com.
c95168cd-7bce-4ed9-86a5-3537ec14a13b.jpg

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

As you may have heard in our livestream today, FlightSimExpo 2020 has been canceled due to the global health pandemic. It was a difficult call, but aligned with the feedback we received from attendees, developers, and partners from around the world.

https://fselite.net/news/flightsimexpo-2020-cancelled/

BVA obviously will continue to be a major partner in the show. Phil and I are working on a 2021 date and location, and will share that with you and the rest of the simulation community as soon as we have it. 

For any BVA members who were registered to attend: firstly...THANK YOU! We were on track to have the biggest event yet. Secondly, please check your emails for information on the 2021 All-Access Pass option. If anyone needs to know a date and location for 2021 before making that choice, we absolutely can extend the offer beyond the April 30 date. Just send me an email ([email protected]) and I'll hold off on processing your refund until we know. Otherwise, refunds will begin to be issued on April 30 and should hit your cards 5-10 days later. 

As a founding partner of FlightSimExpo, BVA shares the disappointment in the announcement. We know it was the right thing to do, even though it was a tough call. As FlightSimExpo is also BVA's biggest member meet-up of the year, we know this means it may be some time before we see each other in person again. However, I'm comforted by the fact that flight simulation is playing a huge part in people's lives right now, and that we can get together and fly online any time we want to. 

Thanks for all the support, this year and for the past two. For those I won't see at Tea Party and between...see you in 2021! 

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team