Administrator

[24 Apr 2021 11-11am ET] Cross the Pond: Cross the Pond Westbound 2021

VATSIM's largest event series is Cross the Point East/Westbound. This year, for CTP Westbound 2021, Boston-Logan Intl. Airport (KBOS) has been pre-selected as one of the arrival fields to host participating flights from across the Atlantic. If you would like more information on the event please see the official CTP website at ctp.vatsim.net.

Event Date: April 24th, 2021 1100-2300z (7am-7pm ET)

Congrats to the entire community! It's amazing how lucky we are at BVA to be a recurring member of this event. Thanks to all the folks who make this community so great, and we hope everyone is as excited as we are.

spacer.png

Austin Cirulli

Community Content Coordinator

Administration Team

ZBW's most quotable controller - WN

Is Evan Controlling?

spacer.png

All pilots flying Cross the Pond: please review our Pilot Brief prior to departure. The brief is attached to this post.

As with Cross the Pond Eastbound, VATSIM has asked pilots who were not issued a booking/slot to avoid flying transatlantic. We welcome pilots to fly domestic routes into and out of Boston. We also expect coverage at our satellite airports like Bradley (KBDL) and Providence (KPVD). If you were not given a booking, please consider domestic routes to and from any airport that is staffed within Boston Center! 

For general information about flying Cross the Pond, check out the FSElite Pilots' Guide to VATSIM Cross the Pond Westbound 2021.

You can link other people to this post/page using the URL: www.bvartcc.com/ctp.

CTP West 2021 Pilot Brief.pdf

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

Slot bookings for Cross the Pond are now available from the CTP website. A slot is (basically) required in order to fly transatlantic during Cross the Pond.

For more information on the slot booking process and to make your request: https://forums.vatsim.net/topic/31056-24th-april-2021-cross-the-pond-westbound-discussion-thread/?tab=comments#comment-177255

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

Slot announcements were sent out yesterday, and pilots who received one will have been notified via email. If you did not receive a slot and are looking for one, or if you wish to drop/exchange your slot, please post here to help coordinate with other BVA members. 

For more background information on the event: https://forums.vatsim.net/topic/30925-vatsim-cross-the-pond-westbound-2021/?tab=comments#comment-177667

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

My first time trying to get a slot, and I did not get one. 😞 Looks like its very popular.

So I am looking for a slot - i can fly out of any airport in europe - prefer landing in KBOS or KJFK.

Bhasker

Hi:

How do you get an oceanic clearance using nattrack.vatsim.net? When I log in, I see only a HOME page and nothing else. There is also a title "Latest news and notams", but no more information. Dont get anything when I click on HOME.

Tried googling, but could not locate anything. Any guidance?

PS: Or does this page gets populated with my flight information when I am flying on VATSIM?

Bhasker

2 hours ago, Jayaram Bhasker said:

How do you get an oceanic clearance using nattrack.vatsim.net? When I log in, I see only a HOME page and nothing else. There is also a title "Latest news and notams", but no more information. Dont get anything when I click on HOME.

Apparently you will only see this information populated on the day of the event.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team