Mark Mayo

KPHL Scenery for P3d v.5

I couldn't get a good KBOS arrival for the upcoming CTP.

So I'm headin' to Philly.

Does anyone know of a good Payware Scenery for KPHL.

My taxiways in P3d do not match the Airport Diagram.

Thanks,

Mark Mayo

N49

Edited by Mark Mayo
I couldn't get a good KBOS arrival for the upcoming CTP.
So I'm headin' to Philly.

Does anyone know of a good Payware Scenery for KPHL.
My taxiways in P3d do not match the Airport Diagram.

Thanks,
Mark Mayo
N49

Hey Mark-

Sorry to hear we won’t be seeing you on the ground in BOS this year. Hopefully atleast you will be routed through the airspace.

I’ve always have had issues with PHL in P3D. I’ve recently got a new computer and had to go through the reinstall action of everything again. I always tend to return to the SunSkyJet KPHL scenery (https://www.sunskyjet.com/testing/betasite/downloads/kphl-for-fsx). This scenery was originally designed for FSX so it is really outdated for taxiways, however there hasn’t been a large change in the terminal in my option which does look really descent. The biggest issue is not having the extension to runway 27L and wrong taxiways. It ends up being an intersection departure at S3 on the correct ground diagram. It was payware, but looks to have been maid donationware and you can get it for free if you wish. The developer seems to have been MIT for some time to update the files.

I’ve also had pretty good luck with updated AFCADs from Avsim. A trusted creator is Ray Smith. They tend to really create accurate and up to date layouts of sceneries with default terminals and the like. I’ve found this file here which looks to be from 2015, so I am unsure if it has the updated runway extension or not. It’s freeware which is nice (https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=KPHL&CatID=lockheed&Go=Search). Just add it to the “add on scenery) folder and add in the new area should do the trick.

Maybe someone has better luck and knows of a more current KPHL scenery and can enlighten both of us. Hopefully you enjoy the flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spacer.png

Cameron Peterson

Events Coordinator
Administration Team

Thanks Cameron for your detailed reply. I will be following your advice and installing the SunSkyJet scenery. My good friend, Mike Willey, has this installed in his computer and says that it is pretty good.

It has been - in particular - difficult to follow the taxi instructions to 27L.... I've had to take my big jets over "some grass" to get to the directed holding point. Lately, I've just asked to pickup the runway a little further down. But as this will be my arrival in the upcoming CTP - I'm sure the controllers will have enough going on without having to direct me on taxiways to the gate or cargo area.

Thanks again!

MARK MAYO

N49