Evan Reiter

Cross-Community Flight: December 14, 3-6pm ET

Boston Virtual ATC is hosting the third Cross-Community Flight on December 14 from 3-6pm ET. Additional information, including the flight plan and server access information, will be posted shortly. We are looking forward to hearty participation from the community.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

Guest Max Enis

Hello!

Boston Virtual ATC is extremely pleased and excited to host this year’s Cross-Community Flight in our server. Below are a few details on event and how it will work.

Purpose: The Cross-Community Flight has been designed as an event for communication, collaboration, and networking for the multiplayer communities based around FSX. This will be a great time to share ideas, express opinions, and chat with some of the finest virtual pilots and air traffic controllers on the planet. For about one half of the event, we have set up a flight that everyone is welcome to participate in (details below), along with plenty of time to discuss virtual and real-world aviation with 100+ enthusiasts just like you on TeamSpeak!

Date: Saturday, December 14

Time: 3pm EST (2000Z)

Location: Boston Virtual ATC Server and Cross-Community Flight TeamSpeak3 Server (hosted by Boston Virtual ATC)

Connection Info :

FSX Server : 66.109.25.244

There will be No Password

TeamSpeak Server Address : teamspeak.bostonvirtualatc.com:9991

Password : BARON58!

** Note : Both locations will available after 2pm EST (1900z)

Event Style: The event will be held in a classic “VFR Hops” style, with a designated flight plan that everyone will follow (see below).

Flight Plan: KAVK (Alva Rgnl) - KPNC (Ponca City Rgnl) - KTUL (Tulsa Intl).

Total Flight Distance = 142nm Time = 1h17m @ 110knts groundspeed.

Route_zpsbc34cfd2.png

Aircraft Requirements: All participants MUST fly the FSX Default Beech Baron 58 or the Carenado Beech Baron 58. **There are NO exceptions.

Air Traffic Control: The final leg of the event (KPNC to KUTL) will be staffed by controllers from Boston Virtual ATC. During the event, we’ll provide all the information you need to know about Air Traffic Control to ensure you are comfortable with flying the last leg of the event, even if you have never flown with ATC before. We are planning on a fun and enjoyable event for everyone of all communities. If you have any questions feel free to contact your community administrator or me via email ([email protected]). There will be a Pilot Information package released later this week!

Thanks and we hope to see you for the Cross Community Flight on December 14th!

Participating Communities

● BVA - Confirmed

● MsFlights - Confirmed

● HippyHappy/FSCloud - Confirmed

● EasternHops - Confirmed

○ FSAdventures - Confirmed

○ VFR Prop Hops - Confirmed

○ Western Hops - Confirmed

● Sky Connection - Confirmed

● RealFSX - Confirmed

Community Admins/Moderator :

● Max (Ameri767300) [bVA] - Community Admin, Event Admin, Flight Lead

● Evan (Evanet) [bVA] - Server (Ejection) Admin for Event

● Zac (zploch) [bVA] - Event TeamSpeak Admin

● Jake (WarHawK) [MSF] - Community Moderator

● Robert (eastern42oo) [EAS] - Community Moderator

● Ryan [RFS] - Community Moderator

● Duey (Zeromantus) [sCN] - Community Moderator

This sucks I live in Ponca City, OK and I am not even going to make it this Saturday. If you guys need any local info about the airports let me know! excited about this one might just have to cancel plans for this!

Guest Lucas Kaelin
This sucks I live in Ponca City, OK and I am not even going to make it this Saturday. If you guys need any local info about the airports let me know! excited about this one might just have to cancel plans for this!

Welcome to BVA from your local Tulsa Approach controller!

Guest Max Enis

Welcome to BVA from your local Tulsa Approach controller!

Who is not controlling Tulsa Approach for the Event. :( :(

Guest Lucas Kaelin

Who is not controlling Tulsa Approach for the Event. :( :(

Only because I'll be controlling real world traffic instead. Hopefully ATC will simulate the active construction NOTAMs for TUL, which make things a little more interesting. I certainly wouldn't expect anyone to want to simulate the snow closures we've had over the past couple days.

TUL Construction NOTAMs

RWY 18R/36L CLSD. (AVAILABLE FOR CROSSINGS AT M1-L2, K, L5-M2)

TWY L CLSD NORTH OF TWY K.

TWY M CLSD NORTH OF TWY K.

TWY H CLSD NORTH OF RWY 8/26.

TWY L CLSD BTWN TWY C AND TWY L5.

TWY L4 CLSD.

TWY J2 REMOVED.

The information below is the content of an email message to be sent out tomorrow afternoon. I encourage members to take an active role in the event by both participating in the discussion and flying with us from KAVK to KTUL.

Back on December 8, 2012, we set a record with 90 users logged into a multiplayer session during our six-year celebration. This Saturday, you can help us set a new record for our server, and quite possibly the FSX world.

From 3-6pm ET on Saturday, December 14, 2013, BVA is proud to be hosting the third Cross-Community Flight. We’re bringing together members from nine different multiplayer communities like ours in what we think will be the biggest FSX multiplayer session ever held. We need your participation to make this happen!

Event Details:

• Date: Saturday, December 14, 2013
  • Time: 3-6pm ET (TeamSpeak and FSX server online from 2pm ET)
  • Flight Plan: KAVK-KPNC-KTUL (fly uncontrolled VFR for the first two legs, ATC will be staffed at KTUL)
  • Required Aircraft: Beechcraft Baron 58 (default or Carenado)
  • Location: Join BVA’s Cross-Community Flights TeamSpeak Server after 2pm ET:
    • Address: teamspeak.bostonvirtualatc.com:9991
    • Password: BARON58!

Important Information:

• Only flights associated with the CCF will be permitted on BVA’s server between 1:30 – 6:30pm on Saturday
  • The event will feature custom weather
  • Voice capabilities in FSX (e.g., aircraft radios) will be disabled; all Air Traffic Control communications will take place in TeamSpeak
  • The server will be restarted to enable custom settings before and after the event. Please time flights on Saturday to avoid being disconnected during the restart
  • Only Beechcraft Baron 58 (default or Carenado) aircraft are permitted in the server during the CCF to reduce the possibility of flooding.

As usual, BVA is blazing a trail into uncharted territory with an event like this. Nobody knows just how many people FSX can hold but we’re definitely going to find out this weekend. We look forward to your support then!

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

Thank you all for your attendance at the 3rd Cross-Community Flight, hosted by Boston Virtual ATC and msFlights.net! We did what Microsoft said we couldn't do and broke 100 users in one FSX Server! We had so many pilots, that we had to open up an overflow server. We cannot wait for the next Cross-Community Flight and to see if all the communities can put more pilots on the server than we did today.

If you attended the Cross-Community Flight, please take a few moments to fill out our survey. Feedback is very important to us and we would like to know what you thought of the event! The Feedback Form can be located at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1YFETm7 ... k/viewform

On behalf of the Event Administrators, we would like thank all who attended!

P.S. - If you have any pictures from the event, please post them either here or on the FSX Beyond Gamespy Forums: http://www.fsxbeyondgamespy.com/FSXBeyo ... /index.php

I was so amazed by the sheer number of people in the server for the event. It is amazing to be part of such a great community (BVATC and FSX in general)! I look forward to another breathtaking event like this one!!

20p2595.jpg

Wish my scenery would've been better, but I had to drop my settings so I could fly! :roll: