Gilles Lagace

Getaway Time, awfully dark in PHNL

Hi Evan, I sit in PHNL and my Cessna clock shows that it is 05:18Local... it is in reality 07:18 in the morning in Hawaii... and is 17:18 Zulu ...

The server shows a MINUS 2 hours' setting "from FlightDesk" ... Am I right in saying that we should reset the server time to show REAL ZULU time??? ...[-00]

It is awfully dark in Hawaii| when flying late mornings and early afternoons in EDT.

Gilles | CYUL | Founder of the "TANGO SQUADRON" - BVA member since July 31st 2008

Hawaii is 6 hours behind real-world ET... that means that, even if the server were set to real time, you wouldn't see a sunrise until at least midday ET.

Most pilots/members seem to be requesting that we have a time delay on the server so they can fly after work and still have some sun. For that reason, we normally run the server 2 hours behind ET, which gives some sunlight until around 11pm ET.

Since we're so far west, it probably makes sense to set the server time to the real-world time in Hawaii until we go back to the East Coast, so I will do this when I next have the chance to restart the server.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

Well understood, and thank you very much Evan!

I have some STC students that would benefit from flying in the Getaway| they are available late mornings and early afternoons "EDT" ... as I also like to practice at those times too.

Hawaiin sunrise(s), here we come... |) N205GL

Gilles | CYUL | Founder of the "TANGO SQUADRON" - BVA member since July 31st 2008