Francis Dube

Michael (Dugan) Cannon

Gents,

As an ATM this is by far the hardest post I have ever and hopefully will ever have to write. It has come to our attention that our controller, webmaster, and staff mentor Michael Dugan (DA) has passed away. Based on what little information I have this happened sometime either late Saturday night or early Sunday morning. I really have no information on what happened but it was obviously sudden and unexpected. I have no intention of trying to get that information from a grieving family at this time. I will be sending them a message in the next couple of days letting them know what he did for us and getting info to send along anything we want for his funeral.

There are a lot of things to sort out and we will do that in the near future, web transfer and whatnot may be a rocky process but that is the least of my concerns right now. Our thoughts will continue to be with a friend and fellow ATC enthusiast who is no longer with us. As I said in an email to staff last night, we move forward but we never forget.

Thank you Mike for everything you have done and the laughs you brought us all. Your personality stood tall at the Tea Party event last year and any other day you controlled or hung out on TS with us.

Francis Dube (DB)

ironmicsig.PNG

Rest in the sweetest peace, Mike.

The memories and laughs we have all shared will never be forgotten. Whether it was blue balls, decking MR after Tea Party in DO's suite, or a whitty pun, he always knew how to make us all laugh.

It will be very hard to move on after losing someone we were in touch with so often and who had such an impact and meant so much to our group, however, we will do so as a team, community, and family. As DB stated, we will move forward but never forget.

Again, thank you, Mike for your dedication, humor, hard work, and so much more.

spacer.png

Cam Bruno (BN)

Community Manager

Tragic. RIP, DA. Only spoke with him a few times, but he was always a character and a walking encyclopedia.

I move for the retirement of his initials.

These are always very hard to hear especially when it is one of your cohorts that you have been working with for several years like Mike.  We will miss him. 

Wow ... sudden indeed. He was plugged in and controlling with us just two evenings ago.

I will remember DA as one of those guys that said a lot with few words. He was one of the quieter members of the gang here, but when he spoke, his words were usually laced with wit and humor.

Mike, we hope your permanent leave of absence will be a restful one.

Guest Michael Bertolini

Rest in peace, DA.

Blue skies and tailwinds.

Glad to have met you, controlled alongside you for the last time on Saturday night for the PHL event.

Rest in peace, our beloved webmaster.  :'(

Guest Michael Bertolini

Tragic. RIP, DA. Only spoke with him a few times, but he was always a character and a walking encyclopedia.

I move for the retirement of his initials.

Second this motion.

Can't say it any better than you all have.  DA, you will be missed by many.  Can't believe I spoke to you just a few hours earlier.  May you rest in peace, and may your family find God's peace during this tragic time.

Guest PG

The world lost a good life far too soon. DA will forever be remembered for his sharp mind and humor. Rest in Peace.

Well said DB. I still remember his wise cracking jokes with laughter and smiles during Tea Party last year. These good memories will always stay. He really was an incredible person. Rest in Peace buddy.

Though I only met him in person once, I could tell he was a special and really bright person.  Very tragic - far too young to go.  Terrible to see a ZBW comrade go west.

DA - you were a real giver and sharp wit - you will be sorely missed.

Dave Pascoe (PE)

Founder, LiveATC.net https://liveatc.net

This website is a testament to DA's immense contributions to ZBW and just how remarkable of a person he is. We wouldn't be the ARTCC we are today without him, and I am incredibly saddened by his passing. Although the moments we shared together were brief, they were truly memorable.

I also agree that we should move forward with the retirement of his initials.

Philip Katz (KZ)

C1 Controller at Boston Virtual ARTCC (BVA)

Guest Vince Acres

Shocking news, will be missed and remembered. Was always on teamspeak available to help, crazy seeing him on the roster for Saturday and now he's gone just like that. He always knew what to say  and he made his point with just a few words.