Camden Bruno

[14 October 2017] Cross the Pond Eastbound 2017

ctpe.jpg

In late October, VATSIM hosts Cross The Pond Eastbound, the annual flight across the Atlantic Ocean from North America to Europe.

Voting for Cross the Pond (CTP) Eastbound 2017 airfields is now open! Be sure to vote for Boston Logan (BOS). Login at http://ctp.vatsim.net and click 'Airfield Voting' to do so. You are only allowed to select one departure field and one arrival field, so choose wisely!

We have been selected for many years in the past as a CTP Eastbound departure field, so hopefully that will be the case this year.

Voting closes on Thursday, September 14th at 2359z.

Please keep an eye on this thread for more information as the event draws closer.

Thank you for voting BOS!

spacer.png

Cam Bruno (BN)

Community Manager

Alright, I figured it out.

For anybody else having issues: you can't just open the URL they give you on the home page, you have to click "Login" first ...

Their redirect to a login page (if you're not logged in) doesn't work.

Alright, I figured it out.

For anybody else having issues: you can't just open the URL they give you on the home page, you have to click "Login" first ...

Their redirect to a login page (if you're not logged in) doesn't work.

Happened to me too. I logged in like you said, and it then worked fine.

UPDATE! Boston has been selected as one of the featured departure airports for Cross the Pond Eastbound 2017!

VATSIM Cross The Pond Eastbound 2017 will take place on Saturday 14th October starting at about 7am ET.

About Cross The Pond

Cross The Pond takes place twice a year (westbound in March, eastbound in October) and is one of the busiest and most sought after events in the VATSIM calendar. It is a mass crossing of the North Atlantic with full ATC offered the whole way, with heavy traffic levels guaranteed for your whole flight.

Which airports are taking part?

Departure airfields:

New York John F. Kennedy International (KJFK)

Toronto Pearson (CYYZ)

Boston (KBOS)

Washington Dulles (KIAD)

Orlando International (KMCO)

Arrival fields:

Amsterdam Schiphol (EHAM)

London Gatwick (EGKK)

Düsseldorf (EDDL)

Oslo Gardermoen (ENGM)

Copenhagen (EKCH)

Dublin (EIDW)

How, and when, can I book?

Bookings will open on Saturday 30th September at 1500z at the Cross The Pond website. There will be approximately 600 slots, and these will be allocated on as first come first served basis.

Please note that the 600 slots sold out in 37 minutes last time round, so get in there quickly when bookings open!

Can I fly without a slot?

You sure can, but expect delays, particularly on the ground, and your planned route may be amended. If flying without a slot, it's important that you check this forum thread the night before the event as we'll be posting compulsory routings for you to use for your flight.

How do I keep up to date with further announcements, and get involved on the day?

We'll be using this thread to post announcements, so please do subscribe to it. We'll also be highlighting major updates on our Facebook page and Twitter feed.

Cross The Pond has a dedicated Twitter account which will be posting important updates right up to, and during, the event. Use the hastag #vatsimctp - get involved!

We look forward to seeing you there.

spacer.png

Cam Bruno (BN)

Community Manager