Eric Dziura

CTP Easbound 2019 Briefing Guide Question

Booked KBOS-EKCH.

Your BG states

"On the Ground: After 5 seconds, your departure slot is automatically cancelled. ATC will need to re-sequence you for departure. DO NOT re-connect where you were last. Instead, reposition while offline to the “J-Pad” (shown below), then re-connect. "

My question concerns the reposition...to the J-Pad. I'm using FlyTampa scenery, and the J-Pad (as far as I can tell) is not one of the choices for P3DV4 Aircraft Location.

Any suggestions about how to do this reposition?

Thanks for the excellent guide.

Eric Dziura

PS: can be done with P3DV4 MAP function but only by trial & error.

Hi Eric,

The J-pad positions are called "S PARKING 1-5" and labelled GA RAMP in the FlyTampa AFCAD. However, depending on how quickly your P3D reloads scenery it might be quicker to just slew there (whilst offline of course).

Enjoy CTP!

Edited by Arvid Hansson

Forgot about slewing. Thank will work.

FYI the S Parking 1-4 and the J-pad are not the same. If you position at S Parking 1, you end up at spot 11 facing Building 57 labeled Fed EX (FlyTampa scenery) which on the Navigraph AD is labeled "Cargo Ramp" and is just north of J-pad.

Thanks

Eric Dziura

Edited by Eric Dziura

Interesting, I just tried each one of them and all positions from 1 through 5 put me on the corresponding J-pad spot. Perhaps you have another version of the scenery? Sounds like you've found a way to get there though so it should be fine! 🙂

Edited by Arvid Hansson

Mystery of the J-Pad solved. Still had BVARTCC KBOS scenery installed (at higher priority than FlyTampa KBOS). With that removed, the J-pad are available.