Clif Whitten

Staff Changes

It is with pleasure that I announce the appointment of Nathan Rankin (RI) to the position of Facility Engineer.  Nathan first joined the community in August 2017 and currently serves as a Mentor on the ATC Training Staff. As Facility Engineer, Nathan will be responsible for the care and maintenance of BVAs vast library of facility files.  Welcome aboard, Nathan!

Thank you to everyone who applied for and interviewed in the Facility Engineer selection process.  I am always in awe of our community members’ willingness to step up and be involved. 

This year end brings change to our Events and Social Media Departments.   Events Coordinator Josh Nunn has resigned from his position. Exciting changes in Josh’s personal life have left him short on time which led to his decision to step back.  On behalf of the Administration Team, I’d like to thank Josh for his many contributions. Josh plans to stay involved in the community, both as a controller and ATC Mentor. 

After careful consideration on how to best fill the EC position, the team found it operationally appropriate to consolidate the roles of Events Coordinator and Social Media Manager.  With that, I am pleased to announce the appointment of Austin Cirulli (RQ) to the position of Events Coordinator, effective today. Austin will continue to oversee our social media as part of his new role. 

Congratulations RI, and welcome to the team! I'd like to echo Clif's comments about how humbled and impressed we felt with the strong interest in the FE position. Although I wasn't part of the interview committee, I know it was a difficult decision between a number of very qualified candidates. It's great to know there's a large group of members out there who are passionate about giving back to the community and I hope many of you will continue to offer support as individual projects come up from time-to-time. 

Josh, it's been a pleasure, and your presence on the A-Team will certainly be missed. 

spacer.png

Evan Reiter

Community Director
Administration Team

Congrats, both! I look forward to seeing what you have in store for the community!

Josh, many thanks for organising some of VATSIM's greatest events. I just wish my time zone had let me participate in more of them...

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I'm excited to help shape the future of this already spectacular community.

Josh, thank you for your amazing work as events coordinator. I know fun times were had by all, both in our dark rooms and in the virtual skies.

Finally, congrats on the promotion Austin. I'm looking forward to seeing what fun plans you have in store for us!

spacer.png

Nathan Rankin

Deputy Air Traffic Manager
Administration Team